Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hi,

I figured out that Google Assistant is not able to play music from Spotify if the app is in offline-mode. Can someone explain to my why this does not work? In my opinion it is unlucky because I often select music with voice commands while driving but don't want to stream it but to hear my downloaded music.

Thanks in advance for help

Florian

5 Replies

I have the same issue and have tried lots of different settings and permissions but no luck. Hopefully this gets fixed soon!!

I would appreciate that, too... very much!

What's the sense in making music offline available and then being bothered, that the same music is being streamed, when using the assistant?

Just a workaround but not a solution: If you put the tracks of an album into a playlist you download on your smartphone and then ordering it with the assistant by using the playlists name... THEN you get it from your offline memory! 😉

I have tried that. It doesn't work. Only works if on line.

Maybe some kind of initiation is required and therefore you have to be on line (for a short time)... but the offline playlist will be played from memory. Tried it multiple times in my car.

Yes. that's right. But sometimes I would like to hear a specific song and don't know if had downloaded it before. So it will be streamed if I did not.

Suggested posts