Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Play store copyright issues

Google Play store copyright issues

I don't know where else to post about this. There is no contact information for developers?

I've spent the last month, full-time, building a playlist builder for Android...  I have your bright green 'log in with Spotify' button. I have a very obvious 'Play on Spotify' button on each preview clip with album art. I have listed that the app is Powered by Spotify in the Google Play store description. I have complied with every Spotify TOS requirement. 

My app has been rejected due to intellectual property usage. I've been instructed to remove all third-party images before resubmitting my app or to file an appeal with proof that I have permission to use these images from the API endpoints you so kindly provide for us. I am happy to send the apk for review. I would be happy to discuss it further if by some miracle someone who works at Spotify reads this. 

My app promotes Spotify. It doesn't do anything hacky. It consumes your API and follows your TOS. Your support would be very much welcome.

5 Replies

Hi there. This is a user community, there should be some contact for developers at www.developer.spotify.com

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

The Spotify Developer site 'support' section links to here & Stack Overflow. Also your link is broken.

Yeah, sorry I added the www oops. You can contact Spotify using either the contactcontact form linked in my signature or on twitter @SpotifyCares

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you for your response! 😄

Interesting question. I also faced such type of problem. 

Expert

Suggested posts