Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 5, Pixel Buds 2020 Google Nest Hub

Operating System

Android 11/Google assistant

My Question or Issue

Previously, using Spotify Connect, the commands 'resume music on spotify' or 'resume spotify' would restart whatever I'd last been playing. Since yesterday, both on Android and on other smart devices, it's instead starting various playlists which are related to my library but pretty random (This is... Playlists of artists I listen to and sometimes albums in my library). I don't know whether this an Assistant problem or a Connect problem, although I'd lean towards the latter. Any plans for a fix?

1 Reply

Hey @iamthedans,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We recommend that you set up the connection between all your devices and your Spotify account anew. This way if any files have gotten damaged, they'll get removed and replaced. To that end you can disconnect all devices from the Google Home app, unlink your Spotify account and perform a clean reinstall of both the Spotify and Google Home apps. You can find instructions on the reinstall for Spotify here and on the connection with Google Home - here. You can then set up the connection anew.

If that doesn't fix thigs, could you log in with a friend or family members account and see if you can replicate the behavior? That way we can narrow down the possible root causes of the problem.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts