Premium

Country

The Netherlands 

Device

Oneplus 5

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Since a couple of weeks I make use of the Google clock, in which a function is built to make use of Spotify songs as wake up sound. I have to first start the Spotify application to be able to select a song in the clock app. However, after selecting s song, every morning my alarm only beeps very loud without playing any Spotify song, and a message is shown. Translated from Dutch to English it says: 'can not connect to Spotify. You do not hear a Spotify alarm'. I reinstalled both apps multiple times and rebooted my phone as well, but until now nothing seems to be working. 

Screenshot_20190627-231651.jpg
Screenshot_20190627-231805.jpg
24 Replies
Highlighted

Google clock cannot connect to spotify

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android 9

Everything used to work just fine. Now Google clock app can't connect to Spotify. 

I tires restart, uninstall of both apps, nothing works.

Please help!

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Google clock cannot connect to spotify

Gig Goer

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this. No worries though, I'll help you out.

Make sure that you are on the latest version of both apps. If you're having trouble after updating to the latest version available, I'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the Spotify app with these steps.

If that didn't work, you can check this Spotify Article and follow these steps to make sure that you've conneted them correctly.

Hope that helped 😉

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi

I am on lateat version of both apps.
Spotify:8.5.18.934 clock:6.2
Spotify with clean install.

Still not connecting 😞
Highlighted

Gig Goer

Hello again,

Did you follow the steps on this Spotify Article to make sure that you connected it correctly?

Have a nice day 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Sure, when I go to the Spotify tab it always says "couldn't connect to
Spotify. Please try again later." With a crossed out note sign.
Highlighted

Gig Goer

Can you try to get  in Spotify from other device and log in with your account?

That may fix your problem.

Highlighted

Re: Google clock can not connect to Spotify

Casual Listener

Hey all

I have the same problem here with a OnePlus 6T on Android 9.

I have the problem with Google Clock (alarm) and Maps, both triggering the Spotify notification saying "Spotify connections" then nothing ever happens. I even have to kill Spotify to get rid of the notification.

As OP said, clearing cache and storage plus uninstalling apps did not help. Same behavior after reinstall.

Screenshot_20190821-202929.jpg
Screenshot_20190821-202910.jpg
Screenshot_20190821-202738.jpg
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Having the same problem, no change after reinstall and clear cache. Please fix this Spotify!!

Highlighted

Hey there @caeldom,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

First, we'd suggest connecting to a different internet connection (for example, if you're using 3G/4G data, try a WiFi network instead).

If you're still having troubles after that, we'd recommend trying the following:

1. Remove the Clock app from the list here
  2. Reinstall the Google Clock app
  3. Reinstall Spotify with the steps here

@e7d and @Craftop, if you're still having troubles with this, it'd be helpful if you could also give these steps a try and keep us posted. 

In that case, it'd be also helpful if you could let us know some additional details, for example the make and model of the device this is happening on, the exact Spotify and Clock versions, if this happens when using a different service with Google Clock etc.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SUGGESTED POSTS