Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9 

Operating System

( Android 9

My Question or Issue

When using the group session feature with my friends the host can only hear sound where as I can't, they are using iOS and are using the feature to connect multiple Bluetooth devices to the iPhone. 

When I'm host I can hear audio they can't.

8 Replies

Had the same issue with my samsung s10

The same here! 

Yes, the same problem here just like everyone else. I know this technology is available as you can create a listening party on discord where multiple different devices can listen to the same song, and if you skip or rewind everyone is still listening to the same song in sync from different devices. That feature is amazing and I really hope Spotify listens to us and adds this same feature on our mobile devices so that we can create listening parties and many people on different devices can listen to the same song, instead of it only playing from one device. Spotify you know what to do. 

Have the same issue on iOS.

Believe it or not, it's working fine. Spotify developed this very stupid feature to work just like that. You are supposed to connect the host device to speakers and let everyone in your party mess up with the music selection. 

This is Spotify's answer to the global demand for synchronized sessions between people physically apart. 

This is a non-feature really. It needs two important updates and it would be a killer feature.

1. allow everyone participating to hear the audio at THEIR respective locations

2. the people joining the session have no access to whatever playlist the host is on (unless they separately give them access to it). you only have access to interrupt a song or queue another one up (but where in the queue? you can't see it!). joiners should also have access to the session's playlist

There really should be an option to play from all devices or just a master one! This is why people have to jump through hoops and install third party software like jqbx to achieve this! 

Cmon Spotify, having the option to play sound on each device is a no-brainer! Remote listening sessions would be so important right now and tbh the current session feature is so hidden

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bringing this up in the Community.

Spotify is constantly improving the user experience with new features and the best way to achieve this is by regular app updates. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

If you think other users might also like your suggestion on how to change the group sessions feature, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. Here you can read more on how ideas work.   

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.   

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have a great day! 

Suggested posts