Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Grouped Sonos speakers do not re-appear as connect targets after ungrouping (Android/Web, not iOS)

Grouped Sonos speakers do not re-appear as connect targets after ungrouping (Android/Web, not iOS)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

My Spotify Android app no longer shows my Sonos speakers as a castable/connect target. From my iPad on the Spotify app, the missing speakers are correctly visible as cast/connect targets.

My Google Chromecast devices correctly appear as cast targets on both Android and iOS. The issue is just Android + Sonos.

Did a recent Android app update break this feature?

EDIT: the bug is that after ungrouping Sonos speakers, the ungrouped speakers do not re-appear as Spotify Connect targets after being ungrouped. This is a bug that affects Web/Android - but not iOS

3 Replies

Hey there @ZakTaccardi,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you try the following:

• Check if Spotify version and device firmware are up to date
  • Restart your router

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

> Check if Spotify version and device firmware are up to date
> Restart your router

I've done both of these. Also restarted all of my Sonos speakers. Only my iPad can discover speakers after they are ungrouped. If I connect to a speaker from my iPad, my Android device is able to discover the speaker. However this is only temporary, as once I group and ungroup, I have to repeat the process to connect from my iPad.

Hey @ZakTaccardi,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Can you let us know if you can connect to each Sonos device separately after following these steps:

1. Unlink your Spotify account from Sonos. Find how here.

2. Turn your Sonos device off.

3. Restart your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds.

4. Log out from your Spotify account, restart your phone, and log back in.

5. Turn on your Sonos device and link your accounts again.

If it doesn't do the trick, could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, and let us know if the issue persists?

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts