Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Guiness Book of records: Largest amount of user data deleted remotely ever...

Guiness Book of records: Largest amount of user data deleted remotely ever...

This may have gone unnoticed, but I am pretty confident Spotify set one or more new world records with the latest update:

• The largest amount of user data deleted remotely ever.
  • The largest number of paid subscription users negatively impacted by a single app update ever.

Please join in congratulating Spotify!

You never know, ...with enough endorsements the Guiness book of records may actually look into it.

Don't forget: Premium users have to be on line to listen to music off line.
1 Reply

I love it. Spotify's awful customer service and tonedeaf developers may have finally hit the perfect storm of subscriber mistreatment. I hate to take pleasure in the pain of others, but I think it was going to take something like this to wake them from their slumber. 

Notice the moderators have basically just given up helping people here? They gave one "we're really sorry!" and helicoptered out. They know if they show up, their meaningless PR babble will be met with a wall of scorn. They'll never answer the questions we have about this, because there's nothing to say that's not admitting a deep misunderstanding of app development, their subscribers, etc. 

I'm calling it again, Spotify will be the MySpace of streaming music. They've near their peak, but Beats and/or Google will eventually wear them down, now that they've been exposed again. Maybe you should've paid a little attention to your actual customers, Spotify. 

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Suggested posts