Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP!!! A device that's not mine keeps playing music on my account.

Solved!

HELP!!! A device that's not mine keeps playing music on my account.

So just as the headline reads, I will have my spotify app randomly open and start playing music that i dont even listen to, and when i look at what device its playing on, its not one mine.

How do i stop this from happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@xaiimstarx

why not? xD j/k

So do you know the PSN id from the dude that's hijacking your account, right? If so, maybe this can help you:

1. Gather online id's or emails of the PSN profiles that you think your Spotify may be linked to. You need information that would direct a Sony rep to an account.

2. Go here, scroll to bottom and start a live chat with a rep.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Support-tips/

3. Tell them your issue then ask them to look up the accounts using the PSN online id or the email you gathered in step 1.

4. If they find one that has Spotify linked, they can manually unlink it

5. log back into spotify on your ps4 and it should be open and work like normal.

So the idea is to make someone at Sony unlink the other dude's account from your PS, and immediately change the password so they can't link it again.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

If i was you I would change your password etc. for your account as someone might have gotten a hold of your details.

Yep. The only problem is if it is a PS4 as it is at me you can't log them out. So a password change is there for nothing. The unknown user keeps listening on my account 🙂 And Spotify Support doesn't answer since 3-4 weeks 😛 So sometimes the other one is just listening to music and interrupts me at doing it.. Thats great 🙂

(And if you don't get it, yes it was partly ironic.)

i changed my password when i had the same problem and it was fine so thats the way forward

I changed the password but yes i do have spotify on my ps3 Chromecast tivo and tv.

I don't like how i can't call spotify

@Dre2333 @woolfie00 @xaiimstarx

First, login to your account in the website

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Check your email address is correct (not been altered by someone else) and change the password to a more secure one.

Then, there is option to sign out from all devices in your account's main control panel (at the very bottom).

That should logout of everything, including other people's devices.

osorniosSpotify Star

i dont have a problem i was just trying to help solve it

@osornios
As I already said you are not able to logout PS3/4 devices with that function. Don't ask me why not 😄

Marked as solution

@xaiimstarx

why not? xD j/k

So do you know the PSN id from the dude that's hijacking your account, right? If so, maybe this can help you:

1. Gather online id's or emails of the PSN profiles that you think your Spotify may be linked to. You need information that would direct a Sony rep to an account.

2. Go here, scroll to bottom and start a live chat with a rep.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Support-tips/

3. Tell them your issue then ask them to look up the accounts using the PSN online id or the email you gathered in step 1.

4. If they find one that has Spotify linked, they can manually unlink it

5. log back into spotify on your ps4 and it should be open and work like normal.

So the idea is to make someone at Sony unlink the other dude's account from your PS, and immediately change the password so they can't link it again.

osorniosSpotify Star

@osornios

That should work, haven't thought about that at all 🙂 Ty

Suggested posts