Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP, offline playlists won't work overseas

HELP, offline playlists won't work overseas

I'm from the United States, and I've been a premium subscriber for quite some time. I have a Galaxy s2. I'm traveling in Spain for 5 weeks, and I was under the impression that my spotify offline would still work, but it doesn't. I cut my cell service for the month I'm here, but I still technically have wifi capabilities (I just don't always have access to internet where I am). I'm pretty frustrated because I've tried all I can. Ideas/help?

P.S. I don't want to reinstall spotify because then I'd lose my offline playlists and wouldn't have a guaranteed way to redownload them.

4 Replies

The application needs to connect to Spotify's servers at least once every 30 days to verify you still have premium (and therefore license for the content). Unfortunately, if you have gone over that time, your offline playlists will have been removed and you need to reconnect to Spotify (over the internet) to redownload that content. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Do you mean have access to wifi every thirty days? Sorry, I just need a little more clarification. 

Internet can be via wifi or 3G. You only need to be online for 30 seconds or so then can go back to offline mode. In offline mode, you should see a small warning box showing days remaining before you need to go online again when you start up spotify.

from what i am learning fin ral time with a rom a source, that INTEL is working on that delay/expiration with a device they are beta testing...

Suggested posts