Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOW TO: Saving to SD Card - ( 0.5.12.52 ) almost gave me cancer

HOW TO: Saving to SD Card - ( 0.5.12.52 ) almost gave me cancer

I have no idea what you guys are doing in your software developement team, but all i can say is that you can do far better!

LET ME TELL YOU MY STORY:

first of all - my device: Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4.1.2 Jelly Bean + Touch wiz ( stock ROM )

So i just updated Spotify since i hope one day you might implement features that all people want so bad:
1. Landscape mode

2. changable skin/color sheme for AMOLED devices
3. some cool music visualisation

What happened to me after the update?

1. All my offline playlists were not able to be accessed trough the app - but all the data still existed on my SD card

2. All redownloaded music was saved on my internal storage ( called USB storage )

What did i do to solve my problem?

1. Looked for an " set location/directory " option - nope! Your app is designed for retards so you can't manually choose! THANKS

2. Uninstalling the new app -> Reinstalling the old app -> Setting my location/directory -> Updating - nope! didn't work!

3. Uninstalling the new app -> Reinstalling the old app -> Setting my location/directory -> Downloading the Music -> Updating - nope! Critical app error. Still stuck on my problem mentioned above.

4. Signing into the official forum to flame and read the other flames. Actually found a solution which is so retarded that i didn't even think off!

What actually solved my problem?

Sign in -> Go to settings -> " Delete cache and saved data " -> App restarts -> Sign in -> It MIGHT now save on your SD if it has more free space than your USB storage / internal storage

Conclusion:

PLEASE STOP MAKING THE APP WORSE - i wont update Spotify from now on and when i might do it one day then i gonna look into the forums if the people creep out or are pleased.

1 Reply

Hi,

Some good ideas there! Feel free to add kudos and comments on the following ideas you suggested that are already in the ideas section:

Idea for landscape can be found here

Idea for SD card support again is here

Idea for visualizer (if this is what you mean) is here

pretty sure Spotify no longer supports SD cards on Android (shame really!), but that idea is to bring it back.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts