Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC M8 Lollipop 5.0.1 Spotify Hangs

HTC M8 Lollipop 5.0.1 Spotify Hangs

Description
Spotify keeps freezing. Locks device. Freezes on re-starting device so have to do hard restart (power on/press volume). This seems to be a V5.0 Lollipop problem. It worked fine before I upgraded

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?
Have uninstalled and re-installed numerous times as per instructions in Android forum. On reinstall is very slow to operate e.g. 10 mins to load playlists. Select a playlist to play. That goes OK. On finish go to menu, select Playlist then hangs progress whizywig keeps spinning ). Eventually get device error message saying Spotify has stopped working. Hit Report to send you a report. You should have that. Shut down Spotify. Start Spotify again and just get a blank page

At this point other issues arise with device e.g. when checking storage to answer question below it hangs on 'calculating', so have to restart it. However it hangs on regular restart (displaying provider logo). Have to do a hard restart (Power + Volume Up on HTC)

Spotify worked fine before Lollipop upgrade. Is now unusable. I'll cancel my subscription if not fixed ASAP as I'm not paying for no service.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?
Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?
Yes

Your device
HTC One M8.

Device’s Operating System
Lollipop 5.0.1

What type of account do you have?
Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")
Space left on your device
2.65 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)
... GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)
59Gb GB

Is your device rooted?
No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?
If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No”

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?
Yes

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?
No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?
Yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?
When using WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G

My mobile Spotify version
E.g. 0.8.4

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)
Can't open Spotify and sick of reinstalling. It's as downloaded from Google Play 20 June 2015

My mobile provider and country
Telstra Australia

My username
newbietoo

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?
Yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?
Spotify login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?
NO. Blank Screen!

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

1 Reply

I have the same isue and it's August now.

It seems to trigger specifically when Bluetooth is involved. But I get the blank screen, or sometimes it will play the previously queued song (from a previous session) but the screen is blank, or sometimes the spinner just goes forever, or even sometimes it will slow down the phone, which will become burning hot, until I force reset.

Suggested posts