Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC One M8 crashes and skips

HTC One M8 crashes and skips

I have an HTC M8 i am a premium spotify member. Ever since i've had spotify ive had minor issues here and there which didnt bother me at first but these minor issues have gotten worse. I have the latest version of spootify currently and my phone is current with its avialiable upgrade. The issues im running into are:

• Songs will stop playing in the middle of the song. The track control and timer still shows the song playing but their is no sound.
  • Spotify actually casues my phone to crash ever since the last update. I removed spotofy for a few days and it solved the crashing issue.
  • Spotify alwasy shows its downloading my selcted songs.(songs that have already been downloaded)
  • The app logs itself out and logs back in and when it does it goes into offline mode.

Now i have tried doing the uninstall and reinstall method with no resolve some help with this or another patch would be greatly appreciated. I switched from Slacker to this service and i love it when it actaully works that is. Id hate to switch back if this isnt resolved in the near future casue if its constantly crashing and giiving me issues theirs no point in me paying for this app. Any help would be appreciated.

34 Replies

Android version 4.4.4
Software number 3.32.531.2
Carrier T-Mobile
Spotify version 1.70.830

Thank you 😉

1. 4.4.4

2. 3.28.605.4

3. Verizon

4. 1.7.0.830

Just to be sure @flip44, everything is working correctly for you, right?

Yes everything is working fine for me since I tried the above listed methods. The solutions were provided from spotify support

Hi, 

Same issue here with my HTC One M8

1. What's your Android Version?

2. What's your Software Number?

3. What's your carrier?

Free Mobile (France)

4. What's your Spotify version?

Very last one, just downloaded from the Play Store

I tried this:

- First I went online to the offline devices history and removed all devices. You can do that here.

Then I wiped all data from the spotify app itself. Once everything was clean I uninstalled the app.

- Next I removed my sd card.

- Then reinstalled the app and voila popped my sd back in.

The trick worked until I chose to sync music to my SD card. After that the app started to crash again...

Any other person with this issue ?

It's been a couple of weeks I've trying to deal with this problem and it dirves me crazy !

How do I contact Spotify support ?

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

@skebo wrote:

Hi, 

Same issue here with my HTC One M8

1. What's your Android Version?

2. What's your Software Number?

3. What's your carrier?

Free Mobile (France)

4. What's your Spotify version?

Very last one, just downloaded from the Play Store

I tried this:

- First I went online to the offline devices history and removed all devices. You can do that here.

Then I wiped all data from the spotify app itself. Once everything was clean I uninstalled the app.

- Next I removed my sd card.

- Then reinstalled the app and voila popped my sd back in.

The trick worked until I chose to sync music to my SD card. After that the app started to crash again...

Any other person with this issue ?

It's been a couple of weeks I've trying to deal with this problem and it dirves me crazy !

How do I contact Spotify support ?

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

Can you try without an SD card? It could be that your SD is corrupt and needs a format.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi Daniel,

Yeah, I tried without the SD card in the phone and it worked but as soon as I plug the sd card back in and try syncing music for offline access, Spotify starts lagging and crashing...

I did delete the spotify folder from data on the SD card but it seems like the folder reappears (with my 28Gbts of synced music) everytime I reinstalled the app.

I got tons of other apps on my SD that I will have to reinstall if I format it so I'd like to make sure there is no other solution before trying this.

Thanks for your help.

Antoine

@skebo wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Yeah, I tried without the SD card in the phone and it worked but as soon as I plug the sd card back in and try syncing music for offline access, Spotify starts lagging and crashing...

I did delete the spotify folder from data on the SD card but it seems like the folder reappears (with my 28Gbts of synced music) everytime I reinstalled the app.

I got tons of other apps on my SD that I will have to reinstall if I format it so I'd like to make sure there is no other solution before trying this.

Thanks for your help.

Antoine

OK, so it definately seems like the SD card is the issue. We can get it formatted without you losing any of your data, here's the steps you need to take:

1. Plug your phone into your PC (or better & preferred use a card reader and pop the card in that, then into the PC).

2. Make sure in your PC the folder options are set to show hidden files & folders

3. Create a new blank folder on your PC desktop; call it something like SD Backup for easy reference

4. Drag & drop all files & folders from your phone SD card to the folder on your desktop created in the step above

5. Verify you have all the files an folders in your backup folder on the PC (safety check)

6. a) If using a card reader click on the SD in 'My Computer' and then click 'Format'. Make NTFS and then uncheck 'Quick Format' and press Start. After complete run a checkdisk as well and check the boxes to automatically find & fix errors.Once finished pop the SD back in the phone and go to Settings -> Storage -> Format SD card

b) If mounted using the phone and cable unplug the cable and from your phone settings tap storage, then scroll down and format the SD Card.

7. Now mount the card back to the PC (again, SD reader preferred, but use a cable if you don't have one)

8. In your backup folder on the PC delete the folder at: 'Android\data\com.spotify.mobile'

9. On your phone uninstall the Spotify app.

10. Copy the folders & files from your backup location back onto the SD card

11. Reboot the phone

12. Re-Install Spotify from the Play Store

Hopefully the above will refresh your SD card and fix any errors whilst not losing any of your data (except the Spotify data, which is later re-created).

Android Troubleshooting:

Daniel,

I've been trying to format my SD for the last couple of days but didn't suceed...

I'm on mac so I first tried to NTFS format with the software Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X but it failed (says it worked but files are still there and free space is 32Gb / 64 Gb)

Then I asked a friend owning a PC to format it for me and it failed as well (error message "Windows couldn't format the disk" pops up at the end of the process...)

Other strange behaviour is that everytime I tried to delete manually the files on the SD, it seems to work, I unplug the SD and plug it back in and the files are still there...just like magic.

Are your familiar with this type of issue ? Does that mean the DS is damaged ?

Thanks again for your help.

Antoine

@skebo wrote:

Daniel,

I've been trying to format my SD for the last couple of days but didn't suceed...

I'm on mac so I first tried to NTFS format with the software Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X but it failed (says it worked but files are still there and free space is 32Gb / 64 Gb)

Then I asked a friend owning a PC to format it for me and it failed as well (error message "Windows couldn't format the disk" pops up at the end of the process...)

Other strange behaviour is that everytime I tried to delete manually the files on the SD, it seems to work, I unplug the SD and plug it back in and the files are still there...just like magic.

Are your familiar with this type of issue ? Does that mean the DS is damaged ?

Antoine

Have you tried formatting it directly in your phone?

Android Troubleshooting:

Yes, same problem: files seem to have been deleted but reappears when I restart my phone or unplug / plug back the card...

Hmm, sounds like your SD card may be corrupt. You could try a 'find & fix' by using a computer to scan your SD for errors and fix any it finds; if that still fails I think you may have some corruption and it may mean investing in a new one.

Android Troubleshooting:

Daniel,

Is it mandatory to format in NTFS ? I tried Mac OS, MS-DOS, ExFat but in "quick mode". Should I try all of these in "secure mode" ?

Also, when checking the disk in Mac OS Disk Utility, it says everything is correct...

I'm gonna try with another SD and let you know.

Antoine

Hi there, I'd definitely try in secure mode as quick mode sometimes skips vital steps.

You could also try FAT and see if that helps... formatting it in your phone afterwards would give the correct file structure anyway.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts