Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC One X stuttering and bug

HTC One X stuttering and bug

Hi all,

I have some issues while using Spotify on my HTC One X. It seems to have hard times when I am using it. When I watch a CPU Spy, it tells me that once Spotify is activated, it is using 1000-1500 MHz, which is very much for one app.. The result of this is that the music I playback is stuttering and skipping sometimes when I'm using this app for about 30 minutes, after that it's starting to misbehave.
Also there is a bug which is still not solved after some updates, the widget on the home screen stops working when I don't use spotify anymore.

This is very annoying and I hope Spotify will fix these issues, because I was almost going to throw my precious harmless phone to the ground today! When this isn't going to be fixed soon I am afraid my Premium subscription will end very soon 😞

Are there more people with these issues?

Greets
11 Replies

Hi there. No issues on my One X. Have you rooted and I stalled a custom ROM?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Nope, it's a stock phone, I don't dare to root it yet haha, but I only have this problem when Spotify is running for a little while, in order to stop this, I have to close everything via Task Manager

Are you using a task manager or memory manager other than the one that comes with the one x itself? If so that could be interfering with spotify
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

No, I only use the stock task manager

I've got a HTC One X and Spotify app and am having exactly the same problem. Again not rooted and no custom task manager.

Hey folks!

No problems in Motorola RAZR MAXX. You tried clean re-install? Also keep in mind hard reset may help, however if this problem was from start, this is in this case more like a compatibility issue.

Cheers.

I'm not having any problems with Spotify on my HTC One X.

Are you trying to use Extreme quality while streaming on 3G? Maybe your 3G connection is not up to it?

I use Normal quality for streamimg and Extreme quality for syncing/downloading.

Can you describe in a bit more detail what you are doing when the stuttering occurs?

• Are you streaming or playing downloaded tracks, and in which quality?
  • Is Spotify in the foreground or in the background?
  • If Spotify is in the background, what else are you doing on the phone?

I totally understand that the HTC One X should be able to handle any and all of the above scenarios without any problems, and for me it does, I'm just trying to narrow down your problem. On my phone I usually have Facebook, Twitter, Yammer and Chrome open, on this very website, all the time and Spotify has no problems playing in the foreground or background with all these other apps running, so your problem is a bit strange.

I use 320 kbps on mobile network at my Desktop version (Windows) and at my Mobile version (Android). There I can listen nonstop without interruptions. Oh those HSDPA networks. 🙂

I suggest also like Steve to try 160 kbps or 96 kbps quality.

The same issue started with me last night.

It's a joke to keep if I am paying $9.99 a month.

Are there any resolutions yet?  I've tried uninstalling the app and re-installing.  It's getting really annoying and it's been less than 24 hours.

@SteveBrammer wrote:

I'm not having any problems with Spotify on my HTC One X.

Are you trying to use Extreme quality while streaming on 3G? Maybe your 3G connection is not up to it?

I use Normal quality for streamimg and Extreme quality for syncing/downloading.

Can you describe in a bit more detail what you are doing when the stuttering occurs?

• Are you streaming or playing downloaded tracks, and in which quality?
  • Is Spotify in the foreground or in the background?
  • If Spotify is in the background, what else are you doing on the phone?

I totally understand that the HTC One X should be able to handle any and all of the above scenarios without any problems, and for me it does, I'm just trying to narrow down your problem. On my phone I usually have Facebook, Twitter, Yammer and Chrome open, on this very website, all the time and Spotify has no problems playing in the foreground or background with all these other apps running, so your problem is a bit strange.

I've actually not noticed it recently. Although obviously the above poster has.

At the risk I've just got used to it, when I noticed it last details are:

• Use most when driving (phone is in car dock in dock mode)
  • Playing dowloaded tracks in normal quality
  • Spotify is usually in the foreground / sometimes toggled with google maps
  • Other things sometimes open are incar "dock" mode / maps as above

It usually occured after a period of time as if it was beginning to overheat

Hi All,

I have an HTC One as well, and started to notice that everytime I played audio, it would stutter, crackle and pop for the first 30 seconds or so.

IT didn't do that when it was new, so I was really annoyed, I started uninstalling apps until I finally uninstalled a battery monitor app that I had been using to test my car's install and now the problem is gone.

So the problem could be caused by an installed app.

Suggested posts