Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC One local files issues

HTC One local files issues

hi,

upgraded my desire to the latest whizzbang from HTC

I've learned and loved spotify over the last couple of years, but now it's got me tearing out my hair.

I can't sync playlists ( almost all my playlists are local files ) to my ONE.
Whenever I try, it'll let me sync either ALL my mp3s, or I'm prompted to go premium.

I don'want premium, I want the elegant way of listening to my local files on my remote device, same as I've enjoyed on my desire...

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, de-selectring items from library, rebuilding library... everything I can think of.

all I can think of now is to unregister my remote devices, and re-sycn again from scratch, which wouldn't be a huge heartache.

Help?

thanks,
Tim

6 Replies

I always believed you needed a premium subscription to listen to local tracks with the mobile app?

it's worked for most of the last two years on my other HTC phone ... it's streaming tracks I don't own  which hasn't been possible

Which desktop client and OS are you using out of curiosity?

windows 7 pro and version 0.9.0.133.gd18ed589

I still have this problem ... and can't seem to fix it

is it a 'feature' to sway me towards a premium subscription?

any suggestions would be welcome ... my only other alternative is to uninstal and use another program

This is strange and I wouldn't think that Spotify has suddenly got sneaky 🙂 Can you please try a clean reinstall of your HTC following these instruciotns and the same for your desktop client following these. Hopefully thing will work as they should after that but please shout if you still have problems.

Suggested posts