Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[HTC Wildfire S]Uneven playback with downloaded tracks

[HTC Wildfire S]Uneven playback with downloaded tracks

Dear Spotify Community

I have been the using Spotify for a couple of months on my Android phone (HTC Wildfire S) without problem
Over the last week I have been experiencing sound problems with downloaded playlists. The content is uneven or stutters. It does this on all tracks most of the time. The play bar is unaffected and indicates that the track is playing correctly.
I have reinstalled spotify a number of times and redo loaded the playlists
I have tried listening with and without headphones and the sound quality is still uneven and stuttered
I have listened to other media through the phone with no issue
The playlist work fine on my ipad device, it is a problem localised to the Android device

If anyone has any ideas to solve this problem I would be most grateful

Charles

Subject edited as seems to be phone specific issue.

6 Replies

Strange, do you have any EQs on that device? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can I just clarify - this happens on downloaded spotify content but doea it also happen with synched local files and when you stream from spotify?

I actually had the SAME problem, I have the same phone device.

I have used Spotify for a long period, I never had problems with it and now it stutters like the songs are downloading on a slow connection, even in my offline playlists this happens, I found out it only happens if the screen is not turned on or if another app is open, which could mean the phones CPU cant follow, but this also happen if I just turn off the screen, which is weird since I dont see why it should stutter then.

Any help would be appreciated, I already tried to reinstall Spotify, redownload my playlists and restart my phone.

Best regards

Herath

Hi @Herath What mobile phone, android and spotify versions are you using?

HTC WildFire S, Android version 2.3.5 and Spotify version 0.7.2.402.

Ah. There have been other reports of issues with the Wildfire in this thread. Maybe post your details there and keep an eye on it for news.

Suggested posts