Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having trouble transferring spotify to sd card

Having trouble transferring spotify to sd card

I do have a Samsung J3 2016. I read somewhere in this forum that i should uninstall spotify turn off then remove battery then turn it back on then look for a specific android data and delete. I followed the instructiom diligently but I havent found the data file. I installed spotify again and it still cannot be transferred to my sd card. I cannot maximize my use of premium because whenever I download songs it will consume my internal memory even if the destination for the offline downloaded songs is in the sd card. Can you help me troubleshoot this one?
5 Replies

Hi, what android version are you running?

Do I have this right - spotify is set to use the external SD card for storage but it looks like it is also storing to internal memory? Could you use a file manager to check the actual sizes of the folder /android/data/com.spotify.music in both internal and external locations and let me know what it shows?

Hi, Please see attached screenshots of the details you have requested.

@MitchCenidoza wrote:
Hi, Please see attached screenshots of the details you have requested.

I don't see them.

Resent the screenshots as attachments to this email. My spotify is
consuming 400plusmb of my internal memory

Still no image. You can add an image by clicking the "Photos" button in the reply box and following the prompts or upload to a free hosting site and post the link here. 

Suggested posts