Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Headset - Triple-press button for "Previous song"

Headset - Triple-press button for "Previous song"

I have a Sennheiser MM70s single-button earphone headset.

The standard button presses are:

Single - Play/Pause

Double - Next song

Triple - Previous song/return to start of current song

On my other music apps this works fine, but on Android Spotify the triple-click actually skips two songs ahead.

I tried it on the iOS version and it goes backwards as expected.

Any chance of changing this behaviour?

34 Replies

Especially for customers who already paid for the premium app. This is a willful neglect they know they have us in hand. I've tried alternative streaming app and they are you fool for perhaps music that is unavailable on Spotify but they do not replace Spotify

This does not work! 

Triple-press is not being recognised om my Huawei... £2 well spent.. NOT!!

Waste of money!!

Please fix! This is actually a big inconvenience. 

This is still not fixed. 6 months later

Could Spotify add this feature? It's slightly annoying to have a background app to run all the time whilst taking my battery life. Not very convenient, Spotify.

I too wish Spotify would add support (at least an option) to recognize triple-press for previous song. I only discovered this when I bought a new pair of headphones that uses a single multifunction button. Isn't an issue in any other media app I use, and I'd hate to have to return the headphones over this as Spotify is the app I use the most 😞

Months later and still no trace of good will from Spotify. The problem persists.

Problem still exists?

Its 2018, and problem is still here, thank you soptify, 

Thats why im gonna go back to apple music android

Because spotify customer service **bleep**

I complained about the unnecessay genius behind the lyric since ppl only want the lyric not the story

And now this triple press is still here for years

Unbelievable

I came here just want to pass information that apple music is better than this stupid app

Please fix ist!! 

Spotify, do something about this! At least elaborate on this, are there good reasons?

Fix it spotify

I can't pause, play or skip any song. Please Spotify, this has been an old issue that you still do not solve. I don't like the idea of paying for a service that doesn't have such a simple but convenient feature that you keep ignoring?

It's about time to fix this. Every other streaming service app recognizes the triple click without a problem.

This is not a solution!

Suggested posts