NEXT STEP

Heart button not responding

Heart button not responding

Device: ZTE Axon 7 (ZTE a2017G)

Android 8.0.0

Belgium

Premium account

Hi,

I basically only use spotify to listen to my liked songs, so now that my heart button stopped working everywhere, the app became pretty useless. 

It started about a month ago, when the heart button became less responsive, and soon after it stopped working all together. 

It's not working in the notifications menu, under the album covers, and in the 3 dots menu, really any way to like a song is affected.

5 Replies

Hey there @zpee

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

Let us know if this issue persists after running a clean reinstall on your mobile device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest Spotify app version with all necessary updates. 

If you see no change after the clean reinstall, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I have the same issue, but when i use my spotify on PC it works only on mobile. I already did the sign out everywhere and clean uninstall but the problem is still there. Help what do i do?

Screenshot_20220602_050847.jpg
Screenshot_20220602_051535.jpg
Screenshot_20220602_051521.jpg

Hi there @Kenyeet,

Thank you for your reply and for trying out what's been suggested. Let's take a closer look into this together!

To start with, can you let us know your exact Spotify version?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Issue happening on latest version. Also no Windows support. Fairly disappointed in the development of these apps.

Hey @Ajsaxon,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of the device in which you noticed this behavior along with the Spotify version you have currently running?

On another note, it'd be really helpful if you send us a full description of the inconvenience, with as much detail as possible. Is the heart button not responding or does it not appear at all? A screenshot of it would be greatly appreciated.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts