Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help - Spotify pauses every 30secs on Kindle Fire

Help - Spotify pauses every 30secs on Kindle Fire

Hi all. Hoping for some help.

I have a fairly old Kindle Fire - 5th generation, currently running Fire OS 5.6.8.0 (626547120). I have Spotify Premium on a family plan. My issue is that when I play anything on Spotify on the Kindle Fire, Spotify automatically pauses and plays again roughly every 30 seconds or so. I originally thought it was a connection dropping issue, but if you're watching the screen while playing something you can actually see the play button changing from the pause icon to the play icon for about one second as it pauses and then starts playing again. It's definitely not an issue of other users/devices interfering. I've already followed the guidance on this site for a clean reinstall for Android, but the issue is still there. Can someone help?

3 Replies

Hi @dogsinbrine,

Thank you for posting on the Community and welcome.

As you mention, the issue may have something to do with the generation of your Kindle. However, we'll do your best to help you with this. 

To start, we understand you already reinstalled the app, so please try running a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If it doesn't work, let us know if you're able to play music normally if you download it and play it while being offline. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @MafeG,

Thanks for your help. So, a clean reinstall didn't fix the issue, but when I try downloading something, turning WiFi off and then playing it, it does work - so that's really positive. Even with something I've downloaded though, if I turn WiFi back on the problem comes back. Any suggestions? Obviously only being able to use Spotify while the device is offline isn't ideal.

Thanks again!

Hi @dogsinbrine,

Thank you for the reply and sharing this info.

Sorry to hear the clean reinstall didn't cut it. Let's try troubleshooting this a bit more, before we conclude if this is related to your device's generation and platform. We have few more suggestions to offer:

• You could check if any battery optimization apps/settings aren't in effect for your device, as this might actually hinder the performance of streaming apps. If you wish to use them, then you can see if it's possible to set a rule to exclude Spotify from their agenda. 
  • Make also sure that the wireless connection between your 5th generation Kindle Fire and local network is stable at all times, resetting your Kindle's network adapter and the router might also be a good thing to do. 

If none of the above helps and you're in the mood for more troubleshooting, try streaming from your Kindle Fire, when you have the chance to have access to a different wireless network (maybe at a friend's or a relative's house) and see if this odd behavior repeats. We're asking you this so we can really rule out the network connectivity issue and determine if this is purely device related.

And lastly if it isn't too much to ask, a short video of the situation would also be very helpful to investigate this deeper and advise you better.

Hope you find this useful. We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts