Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Here is why I am not continuing my premium subscription.

Here is why I am not continuing my premium subscription.

So, I tried the 30 days, hoping to get "good" bluetooth connectivity between my phone & head unit.

It's definately an issue with the app. It's flakey, working in IT for 10 years, I am simply going to say that it's 'not there yet' in terms of functionality and stability.

- Bluetooth connection rarely works when starting up the car (like Music Player for example), can take sometimes 5 minutes to get everything reconnected (repair, reboot, restart spotify app, etc, sometimes multiple times..). Sometimes forgets to play out bluetooth and plays out speaker. 

- It doesn't seem to download 'Extreme Quality' tracks to my phone. I have a high end audio system, and I love my sound quality. I was hoping for maximum bitrate. I can work around this by using 'SpotyDL' and then syncing the tracks manually to my music player, but this defeats the purpose of spotify (and also ripping off the artists). It's definately not the quality of the MP3's I have put on there. I will compare to SpotyDL, but in that sense, I may aswell go back to 2003 and use a USB stick or plug my phone in as external storage. I would like to use Spotify as my all in one music player! 

- Integrate syncing with KIES, or have a cabled way to sync. I'm not sure if when syncing two devices on the same subnet if the app is smart enough to transfer directly (peer --> peer). I don't feel I should need to download my music on both devices through my internet connection.

For now, I will continue my 30 days and test this app out properly. I have high hopes for the future, but it needs more development work. I think this is turning a lot of people off buying premium. There are also ways around it, unfortunately - due to limitations within the app itself.

'SpotyDL' will download / keep a current playlist of music, so spotify are basically allowing the person (or this app) to download the MP3's directly & store them forever. I'm not sure if this is an issue with SpotyDL or Spotify allowing it. Basically ultimate offline mode (which is what I would want in Spotify anyway) - plus I can choose my bitrate PROPERLY, I don't just get options 'low, good, EXTREME' - seriously, I am not a kindergarten pupil. I would like to choose 128/192/256/320/FLAC etc as you can in SpotyDL when creating offline playlists. There is no chance the MP3's on my offline phone are full quality.

Spotify Dev's - please hear this post, me and my friends are very excited about this stuff, but after being technology driven for 20 years, we simply refuse to use applications which are flakey and cumbersome.

When this app functions as intended, I will upgrade my account in an instant as I feel the $10 a month is more than worth it - for something that works (for me).

Oh yeah, and being able to clear out default radio stations would be nice, or for spotify to automatically create a 'derivitite/snapshot' of the default radio station so you can always revert back, kind of like system restore. Go back to a certain date, or restore to default. 

Regards,

Ashley (PhireX)

2 Replies

You Sir are an idiot.

"- Bluetooth connection rarely works when starting up the car (like Music Player for example), can take sometimes 5 minutes to get everything reconnected (repair, reboot, restart spotify app, etc, sometimes multiple times..). Sometimes forgets to play out bluetooth and plays out speaker."

Get a better phone.

'SpotyDL' will download / keep a current playlist of music, so spotify are basically allowing the person (or this app) to download the MP3's directly & store them forever. I'm not sure if this is an issue with SpotyDL or Spotify allowing it. Basically ultimate offline mode (which is what I would want in Spotify anyway) - plus I can choose my bitrate PROPERLY, I don't just get options 'low, good, EXTREME' - seriously, I am not a kindergarten pupil. I would like to choose 128/192/256/320/FLAC etc as you can in SpotyDL when creating offline playlists. There is no chance the MP3's on my offline phone are full quality.

Why ruin it for everyone else cause you dont know whats good for you? Spotydl appears to now be down. Im sure the users of this service appricate that. Now i guess they know who to thank. WTF is 'ultimate offline mode'??? If you want 'ultimate offline mode' buy the f*cking track.

There is nothing wrong with spotify and it works as intended, for $10, all the music and playlists on the go. Whats the problem?

Well i agree with you about the "you sir are an idiot" part. 

Spotify has nothing to do with your bluetooth.

although i too have a high-end audiosystem in my car and appreciate spotify too.

The way my galaxy N7100 syncs to my 80prs is awesome. immediatly and my phone starts playing music as soon as bluetooth has been set up.

Now even i (very sorry, i know it's bad) used spotydl to get some normal quality to my headunit without the need of my phone.

(rather want to use the options and everything on my headunit)

I do think spotify has to think about a way to satisfy the need of using spotify in-car.

If they would come up with a wireless-4g-usb-spotify-player-adapter, i would buy it!

however i will not stop my subscription, what spotify does, it does well!!!!!!!!

besides, just buy the album.

Suggested posts