Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Oppo Reno Z

Operating System

Android 10, Color OS 7.1

My Question or Issue

My Spotify Home Screen recently changed and only shows one album/single per category. For example, New Releases For You only shows one album with no ability to scroll through suggestions. How can I change it back to show multiple suggestions?

12 Replies

Hey @topsecretjones,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

Could you share with us the exact Spotify version that is running on your device?

You can also send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
I'm running Version 8.6.18.720.

Hey @topsecretjones,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you share with us a screenshot of what you're seeing? You can attach the image to your next response by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

1. Thanks, hopefully a screenshot is attached now. 
Screenshot_2021-04-20-22-17-32-39_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

Hey @topsecretjones,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

In this case we recommend making sure that you follow your favorite artists/albums/playlists so you don't miss any new content coming up.

We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi Ver, 

Do work for Spotify? If you do work for Spotify I would say that this issue is unresolved. If you are a random person on the internet, then thanks for trying. 

Daniel

Hi there @topsecretjones,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We can confirm that that's how the app looks like normally. Keep in mind that your recommendations may vary depending on your recent activity and the specific artists.

Remember that you can always discover new music in Spotify through the Radio feature, and also with your Made for You playlists like discover Weekly and Release Radar. You can also find more info on how to improve those playlists and have more accurate recommendations in this article.

We hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Carlos and Ver, 

Sometime yesterday, or possibly the day before, the Home screen view reverted to it's previous view that displayed sliders with multiple albums per category. 

Screenshot_2021-04-23-11-17-04-04_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

Hey @topsecretjones,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please keep in mind that we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible. So it's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new layout for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator

I have the exact same issue. This is rather annoying as I do not know how to access things like the daily mixes anymore...

EDIT: Okay, I realize it's in the search page now. Sorry for the previous comment. STILL, it would be nice to get some sort of notification for these kind of changes.

I don't know if this thread is still alive, but I'm having the same problem. Suddenly without any warning, I just see one item in the various lists on the home page - not multiple items with a slice as it used to be. Is there a way to get back to the old layout?

Hi there @steenSP,

Thank you for your reply and feedback in this thread.

At the moment there's not possible to rollback to an older version.

Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts