Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Horrible audio vía Bluetooth since last update.

Solved!

Horrible audio vía Bluetooth since last update.

8.4.17 seems to be the problem. At first I thought about the headphones, but after connecting other audio devices and using other music apps as well it was an evident Spotify issue.

The higher frequencies sound distorted and there's annoying tickling sound too. My phone is a Samsung J5.

p.d.: BTW, I did the usual: clear cache + fresh install.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solution:

The problem was the "automatic quality" selection. Solved the issue by changing it to "extreme quality". Tested with both WiFi and 4G so it can't be connectivity performance. It's definitely that "awful normal quality" streaming option.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Its the same for me. Samsung S6 edge.

Hi @ynazmel and @Huothar!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Is this happening only using Bluetooth to connect? Could you let us know the Android version you're using and the device you're connecting to?

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if it helps. This usually fixes most problems 🙂
Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache.

Keep us posted!

Spotify version 8.4.18.743 (updated) 

Phone SMJ500M lollypop 5.1.1

Yes, only Bluetooth audio is compromised.

And yes, as I've said, I did a clean reinstallation.

UPDATE: Problem also showing with aux connection. As I've said, is not hardware related, Spotify is the only app that has the issue.

Marked as solution

Solution:

The problem was the "automatic quality" selection. Solved the issue by changing it to "extreme quality". Tested with both WiFi and 4G so it can't be connectivity performance. It's definitely that "awful normal quality" streaming option.

Suggested posts