Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Do I Switch from "Offline Mode" to "Online Mode" on my Mobile Device?

Solved!

How Do I Switch from "Offline Mode" to "Online Mode" on my Mobile Device?

I am having a recurring issue.  Randomly my Spotify app, on my Droid X, will go into Offline Mode.  I have 3G up and running and cannot find an option to switch to "Online Mode".  Does it exist, or is Spotify failing me?

44 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you not disable it in Spotify > Settings > Offline Mode?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dude there is no "more" option on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and my problem is that I have 4G Internet and my songs won't play

Same here, Android App version 3.4.0.764 on Wiko Wax.

Spotify will regularly fail at playing because of what I suspect is a short network disconnect (using HSPA / HSPA+ most of the time). The issue is that it does not connect back and keeps displaying "no Internet access" while other apps can connect fine.

Turning offline mode off and back on does not help.

Turning data off and back on on the phone most of the time seems to cause Spotify to try reconnecting, but it does not succeed often (and this takes ages).

The best solution so far : close Spotify and start again, which is painful...

We NEED a clear connection status (indicating if Spotify is connected) AND a way to force connection manually, with a clear indication of what it is doing, and sensible timeouts.

I got a premium account for the purpose of discovering music from work and from my phone (since Spotify is blocked on the work computer). So far this is not a good experience, but this can be solved y improving the Android App. No I do not want to listen to offline data only.

Regards.

Doesn't work.  If you turn 'offline mode' to ON, next time you come back to your settings screen the option is totally gone.  It is normally at the top of the settings list, but it disapears once you turn on offline mode.

I tried logging out and logging in again and installing and uninstalling the spotify app on my phone but it's still offline.

And also i updated it it's still doesn't fo online.

It doesn't seem to work on my andriod phone my offline is off but it's still not working. I tried reinstalling the app and logging in and out but nothing seems to work, it worked on my phone before but now I don't know why it stopped working.

Thanks for that. It has been driving me mad for the last couple of hours but now is back online.

Thanks again

Ok I still am offline but I am on WiFi and ha be a connection any help with my Android and yes it's a cell that has whatever the mg or gybites it's a brand new cell so please where do I go under settings ? Thanks and kudos for your site

Not sure why the good folks at Spotify can't chime in and give simple instructions - took me half an hour (in between actually working!) to fiugre out (as the setting circle is hidden quite nicely and only appears in one menu)(great job fancy start-up app writers!)(you really should hire a Human Factors Expert to make your app human friendly):

1) bottom of any playing list are a series of icons home, Browse...click "Your Library".

2) at the top right beside the worsds You Library you will see the normal android setting gear circle - click

3) should be obvious now - top setting - click off, Offline mode (yes, double negative to get it to positive...very frustrating - this/these ap settings are not available in the main android setting/Apps of the O/S...

I just got in on this line of comments,   when I went to your last step which states about the double negative makes a positive...when I turn the offline switch, a lare messsage then appears:  "You are now in offline mode!"  Sonaturally  I turned it back to where I started....still offline for the music. ANY FURTHER HELP????

Remember, I am  Gramma, ok???  When I tried to search a song 2 hrs. ago, it said Spotify is Offline.   So I went to settings and DID slide the switch.   Then I got a red "Spotify is in offline mode!"  statement that came up.  

So, it appeared that both ways,it was offline.   Why does  it  never says online"..... ????

My spotify pl ays only 2 or 3 songs then in cuts off then i have 2 cut it back on can u fix this pls.

how do i switch to on line

Finally!! A straightforward answer. Thank you 🙂

@epickilljoy wrote:

I have spotify

@epickilljoy wrote:

I have spotify desktop and I logged off then logged back on and I was off offline mode

desktop and I logged off then logged back on and I was off offline mode

Thank a lot.

I have switched offline node on and i logged off. And now i cant log back on. Please help me guyssss

so i changed my account to offline on my phone, got on the next day, and spotify had logged me out. i tried to log back in but it said "You are currently set to offline, Please go online to connect to Spotify," so i logged onto the computer, where spotify worked fine, and i went to 'offline devices' and hit "remove all offline devices," but that didnt do anything. So now i cant log onto my phone account, what do i do?

Suggested posts