Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How To Stop Autoplay for Podcasts

How To Stop Autoplay for Podcasts

My Question or Issue

I've switched the Autoplay option off in my settings but this only works for music. I ideally want all of my content in one place but going to have to get the acast app again to get this functionality. I saw a similar thread to this get moved under a 'similar' category but it was from 6 years ago and related to music. Can this be sorted for Podcasts? Thanks

6 Replies

Hey @Ianmorris86.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

We suggest you head on over here and add your vote to the existing idea to implement this feature. If the idea garners enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it in the future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

an unlike button wud be appropriate here. woow new idea!

I tried to follow that link to vote for the future, but I just get an access-denied message. Did they do away with the voting feature? It's been several years since this post, and this still drives me nuts. Autoplay=off should either apply to everything or be available as a separate setting.

Hey there @rwwl

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

It seems that there's a newer idea about this here. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

If you're still getting an error message, we suggest that you make sure you're logged in to your Community account and try using an incognito window. 

If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

How do you get it to stop autoplay in music? I have a premium account on for the life of me I can't make them stop suggesting stuff. And the suggestions are absolutely horrible they're not even what I want

Hi there @Knikookary,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you don't want to keep listening to suggested songs after what you were playing ends, you just need to disable the Autoplay option in the app Settings. You can find the steps on how to do it in this article. 

Additionally, make sure you have the Smart Shuffle option disabled so you're not getting suggested songs on your queue. Find more info about this feature here.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts