Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change playlist order ??

How do I change playlist order ??

I tried this on my Android and could not.

I went online and there is no choice to move the order of songs on my
playlist.

How do I move song number 5 to position 1 and song in position one to
position 5 ?

HOW ?
10 Replies

Not currently possible I'm afraid. You'll need to do this in the desktop client. Do vote for this idea.

it does not work on a desktop that's why I'm asking for help

You can drag songs into different order, with your left mouse hold a song then drag it and let go of your left mouse button, boom done!

If that won't work, make sure that the playlist isn't sorted under one of the three headings - song, artist, date. If there's a green arrow against one of these, click the heading until the arrow disappears and drag 'n drop will then work.

I discovered the problem. I had to uninstall and reinstall the application on my mac. I must of had an old one.  Now everything works fine.

Hey cool, Sees to work!

I AM USING MY DESKTOP AS THE MY REMOTE AND METHOD OF ORGANIZING PLAYLISTS. SUDDENLY THERE IS NO COLUMN TO FLIP ORDER AND THE PLAYLIST WILL NOT ALTER UNLESS I REMOVE AND READD THE SONG. I AM WORN OUT. WHAT HAPPENED? DID I PRESS SOME WRONG BUTTON? USUALLY A GREEN LINE WILL FOLLOW MY SONG TO PLACE IT WHERE I WANT. HOW DO I GET THAT FEATURE BACK ON MY LAPTOP?

NOPE IT WOULD NOT HELP ME ARRANGE MY PLAYLIST. I HAVE HAD SPOTIFY 2-3 YEARS AND NOW IT HAS STOPPED ALLOWING ME TO DRAG AND MOVE MUSIC. THE FLIP COLUMN HAS DISAPPEARED ALSO. I NEED HELP. I ARRANGE LONG PLAYLISTS IN AN ORDER TO TELL A STORY AND MATCH SIMILAR STYLES FOR GOOD TRANSITION OF TONE , BEAT AND VOLUME. IT TAKE ME A WEEK USUALLY TO TWEEK A PLAYLIST JUST TO MY STYLE. HELP PLEASE!!!!

SIMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG AS I CANNOT DRAG SONGS . THE COLUME ALSO IS MISSING THAT FLIPS LIST. I HAVE SEVERAL FOLLOWERS. IF I UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL DO I LOSE THE FOLLOWERS?

Hey @drred2510,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Don't worry. Help is on the way.

It's a good idea to to restart the device and then to log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues. 

No worries. The reinstall won't affect the followers of the account. If you want to play the songs while offline after the reinstall, it's necessary to first download them again.

If the issue persists, you can send us a screen recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts