Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Solved!

How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Premium, USA. Pixel 3XL, Oreo, Android Auto. 

The Daily Drive news changes, but the songs don't. Day in, day out, the SAME music. I'm getting tired of it. How do I refresh or change it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for the solution Hjscott316! I cleared the cache on my android device and by next refresh cycle I had new songs! Just go into the gear icon, disable offline mode, and then clear the local cache, and wait for a bit. Glad I can use this feature again!

View solution in original post

112 Replies

It used to auto-refresh for me twice a day, but now the songs are 13 days old and counting. 

Alos happening on iOS. its like sometimes I'll think some songs are new? but then still recognize the same 10-15 songs that I've had on there going on 2 weeks. 😞 

Same problem here. Podcasts update twice a day and the order of the songs also changes twice a day, but they are the same songs.

If Daily Drive pulls songs from playlists I've made, doesn't it stand to reason that I like those songs, but I don't LOVE those songs? Their inclusion in Daily Drive is making me sick of them and ruining my self-created playlists. Is that the goal??? Mostly love the new songs though so just increase that ratio, please.

I'm having the same problem...did anyone figure out how to fix it?

I just had this issue solved with customer support. After a lot of them telling me to listen to more music (wrong) they finally decided the was an issue with my offline cache. They did something on the back end and within 24 hours I *finally* had new songs on my list. Good luck!

Marked as solution

Thanks for the solution Hjscott316! I cleared the cache on my android device and by next refresh cycle I had new songs! Just go into the gear icon, disable offline mode, and then clear the local cache, and wait for a bit. Glad I can use this feature again!

Nice Hjscott316 !

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Iphone 5s/Stationary Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

So I recently got the Daily Drive playlist on my account and it's been 3 days and yet the second and third day have not been updated with new music or news.

It's still stuck on fridays news (the 6'th of March)

The weird thing is that the first day it updated twice, I just can't for the life of me figure out if there is something on my end I could do to make this thing work since I really, really love the concept.

(First post on the community so please excuse me if this was posted in the wrong place)

Contacted support. Reinstalling the app didn't fix it. 

Support wasn't able to fix it either. 

I'm having the same problem.  Anything work?  I've tried clearing the cache and logging out.  

I'm listening from my desktop and having the same issue of the same songs replaying in my Daily Drive. I tried your suggestion, on my mobile device but I'm unclear on what I should do for desktop. Do I clear my internet browser cache?? Nothing has changed.

unfortunately i have not been able to fix this issue

Same problem here, but mine has been going on for months. My news snippets update daily with the correct information, but I have had the same songs, for the  most part in the same order for a long time. I agree I love the concept but I'm tired of it playing the exact same songs. 

iPhone 7: iOS 13.3.1

This didn't work for me. I'm just going to unfollow for now it's seriously ruining songs for me I used to like. If the weekly 'for me' lists can work why can't this?

Hi I have the same problem on all my devices: news is updated several times a day but music stays the same always. I use iOS 13.1.

1. Yeah, I'm in the same boat. My daily drive has been the same for months now and only the news changes. So background info that might be useful; the songs on my daily drive are the same songs on the playlists "On Repeat" and "Repeat Rewind" combined. I've tried the deleting of stored cache and turning offline mode off and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. All things that were mentioned in another "solved" thread. It's gotten pretty annoying at this point. If anyone knows how to actually get correspondence with customer service, that would be greatly appreciated. Phone: Samsung S10
  2. Update a week later: I got in contact with customer service and their immediate resolution was to listen to different music lol but as something to get me out of the chat, they said they would check the algorithm. So far, no change. 

This doesn't seem to work on my iPhone 😕 I'm SOOO frustrated at the music repeating for months now!! I couldn't find a "go offline" option on my app so I used airplane mode, and then I found the location to "delete cache". But, even after waiting, and closing out/reopening the app, nothing changes. Also tried signing out of all devices at the same time, but didn't help. 

I can find the "go offline" option on desktop, but I cannot find a way to delete the cache through the Spotify app. I'm gonna try emptying the cache on my computer to see if that will help, but I don't have high hopes...

I tried the same after being in contact with Helpdesk but just the Order of the titles changes but not the titles themselves.

Suggested posts