Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Solved!

How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Premium, USA. Pixel 3XL, Oreo, Android Auto. 

The Daily Drive news changes, but the songs don't. Day in, day out, the SAME music. I'm getting tired of it. How do I refresh or change it?

112 Replies

This isn't a solution! Obviously this isn't working for anyone else.

I have had the same songs in my daily drive for months now, to the point I even started going to some of the artists pages and selecting "do not play this artist" JUST so I can stop listening to the same **bleep**.  I just don't understand why I'm being forced to hate some of the songs I used to love.  I'm moving off Spotify (for the 3rd time now) because of **bleep** like this that support just fails to even recognize or address. 

I’m pretty sure I said that I contacted up port and they did something on their end. Did you try that?

MY SONGS FINALLY SWITCHED OUT!!!!

After months of only getting 60’s music (thanks hippie coworker 🤣), my Daily Drive played Country yesterday, and has alternative slated for today!! 💃🏻 👏🏽 💃🏻 👏🏽 

If I am using Spotify on a Mac desktop, how do I clear the cache? I am having issues with the Daily Drive news podcasts even updating. Every time I launch Daily Drive, it is stuck on the last time I played it, which could be days prior. I have to keep quitting Spotify and relaunching it multiple times to get the podcasts to update. I have given up getting the music to refresh. It is always the same. I tried emailing support and the response I got was try asking the community. I want that job. That's legit customer service right there. 

Have the same problem, did also delete cache and everything but still, the same songs showing up. 

I don´t understand where the problem lies. Since the news are always fresh, it shouldn´t be that hard to also switch out the songs... 

Is this issue on spotifys radar? 

I love the concept of Daily Drive but mine has been playing the same songs for about 3 months now. I listen to a ton of new music all the time so why isn't it adding those? You need to be able to mark a song "don't play again". That seems like a pretty simple feature.

But this is happening on my desktop app. How do I empty the cache there?

I've got this in my profile:
alias rockout='rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/Storage/* && open -a Spotify'

But if you just run this it will clear your local cache:
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/Storage/*

I don't think it solves the problem though.

Same problem every day for me. It's a struggle to get the MacOS Spotify Client to update to the correct day for the daily drive. I restart, go offline, over and over and then it will eventually update. The text says it's Wednesday, the track when it plays says "Welcome to you Daily Drive for Thursday". But guess what, it's actually Friday. Please fix Spotify.

I love Daily Drive, or at least I did for the first few days. While the news changes, the songs have stayed the same for a long time. Please fix!

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Have a look at this thread for more info on how to clear the local Cache. We also recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps in this article.

Another thing which will assure your account is properly connected to our servers and up-to date is Logging out everywhere and logging back in.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for the answer, but this is just a workaround. 

Since this problems seems to be as old as the Daily Drive itself, is there a roadmap existing for fixing this bug? I can´t imagine that this is working as designed. And manually deleting cache-files is not a lasting solution... 
Thanks in Advance

Martin 

Hi again @RDogPinK,

Thanks for the reply!

The Daily Drive Mix should be updating automatically. Do you mind trying to un-follow the playlist, log out of the app and log back in? After that, follow the playlist again.

If that doesn't change anything let us know if the playlist appears the same across all devices that you use.

Keep us in the loop!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, 

Thanks again for the reply. 

Might be a stupid question, but how do I unfollow the daily drive playlist since it is no regular playlist but a generated playlist like the mixtapes? 

Greetings Martin

Bless you Martin.

I love this regular automated podcast playlist!! Please sort the issue to update the music along with the podcast, it’s so disappointing - I want to listen to it DAILY however the music is repeat 

this is clearly a bug.  a minor non-urgent bug, but a bug nonetheless. asking users to do all this troubleshooting is ridiculous.  tell us that/if it’s been submitted to the product team and when they are going to prioritize it or the current eta.  

fxck figuring out how to clear caches, fxck logging out of everything, fxck reading old unrelated support articles from 2015.  just acknowledge it is a bug and let us know when it will be fixed. 

when you click the 💚 you are following.  when you unclick it, the opposite.  i think. 

I believe the list does change if you are actively favoriting new songs each day, however, the rate of change is real slow.

My suggestion to the product/dev team is this:

1.) Have the Daily Drive list change aggressively each day.

2.) Allow us to dislike songs, i.e. ban them from playing again

-John

Suggested posts