How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Solved!

Re: Daily Drive not updating at all.

Mihail

Hey @JKMarks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Could you upload a screenshot of how the Daily Drive appears in the app at your end in the playlist view? You can use the Insert Photo option in the post editor, just make sure to hide any private/ sensitive info.

Keep us posted, well be on the lookout for your reply.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Tim_U
Music Fan
@Alex - thank you for finally reporting this issue to the development team so that it can be addressed. It has been extremely frustrating trying to get this past the moderator gatekeepers and reported as an issue. The community system and Idea Exchange seem to work fine for requesting enhancements, but when a bug is encountered such as this (where the product does not work as intended / is not fit for purpose, and a coding change is required to fix it) the system impedes the flow of information. There really needs to be a bug reporting system whereby the community can report bugs to the product development teams without having to spend months convincing moderators that there really is a problem and that their workaround suggestions are not a real solution.

Re: How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Tim_U
Music Fan
@Xenia -

Thank you for finally reporting this issue to the development team so that it can be addressed. It has been extremely frustrating trying to get this past the moderator gatekeepers and reported as an issue.

When the same set of songs is used day after day after day, this makes the playlist unbearable and unfit for purpose. Therefore the request to change the algorithm to insert some variety into the songs is not an enhancement request but a bug report.

The community system and Idea Exchange seem to work fine for requesting enhancements, but when a bug is encountered such as this, the community system impedes the flow of information. There really needs to be a bug reporting system whereby members of the community can report bugs to the product development teams without having to spend months convincing moderators such as yourself that there really is a problem and that their workaround suggestions are not a real solution.

The idea that you referenced above for making the playlist more customizable is related, but should not be conflated with this bug report. That is a true enhancement request which is asking for customization features that go well beyond the initial intent of the feature. This bug report is more limited in scope in that it is asking that the broken algorithm be fixed so that the feature functions as intended to meet its original purpose.

Going forward, it would help if you and other moderators would act as a communication conduit to the development team rather than acting as gatekeepers who block communications, parrot the same failed workarounds, and bury legitimate concerns under a stack of existing enhancement ideas from which they might never emerge. Give us a path to get legitimate bugs fixed.

Re: [All Platforms][Playlists] Fix Daily Drive bug - currently stuck on the same songs for a month

Tim_U
Music Fan

Apparently this bug has finally gotten reported to the development team and is hopefully getting addressed. See: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Daily-Drive-not-updating-at-all/m-p/5073344/highlight/...

SetarconeX
Visitor

It's been about a week, can we get an update on this?  I know nobody committed to a timeline (or fixing it at all), but can we at least get a 'I checked, someone's working on this, it's not just sitting in a mailbox"?

This really used to be my favorite feature, and it's frustrating having a broken button on the homescreen, looking at me every morning and reminding me how good things used to be.

Binkfloyd
Casual Listener

I agree! It used to be my favorite feature, too. And now it is just stale and unusable. I have tried everything, deleted cache, logged out, (also never followed the playlist) and it is the same songs. It is super frustrating, and I just don't listen to it anymore. 

JKMarks
Regular
Yes, they’ve replied that their developers are working on it. But IT engineers will never supply a timeline, bc they don’t know when the solution will appear. It’s just testing and retesting until... Eureka! Also, they may have more important money-driven tasks dictated by supervisors, but at least they’ve acknowledged it should & could work differently.

Re: Daily Drive

MARS21
Casual Listener

I wish we had the ability to hear more of our favorite music. 

Re: Daily Drive

MARS21
Casual Listener

Same here. Have you been able to hear more of your playlist?

Re: How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

geoffmackey2
As a workaround on my laptop I've been listening to the 'Your Daily Drive' radio station instead. Doesn't have the news and other stories, but it does have fresh music!
SUGGESTED POSTS