How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Visitor

But this is happening on my desktop app. How do I empty the cache there?

Highlighted

Re: How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Casual Listener
I've got this in my profile:
alias rockout='rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/Storage/* && open -a Spotify'

But if you just run this it will clear your local cache:
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/Storage/*

I don't think it solves the problem though.
Highlighted

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Have a look at this thread for more info on how to clear the local Cache. We also recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps in this article.

Another thing which will assure your account is properly connected to our servers and up-to date is Logging out everywhere and logging back in.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for the answer, but this is just a workaround. 

Since this problems seems to be as old as the Daily Drive itself, is there a roadmap existing for fixing this bug? I can´t imagine that this is working as designed. And manually deleting cache-files is not a lasting solution... 
Thanks in Advance

Martin 

Highlighted

Hi again @RDogPinK,

Thanks for the reply!

The Daily Drive Mix should be updating automatically. Do you mind trying to un-follow the playlist, log out of the app and log back in? After that, follow the playlist again.

If that doesn't change anything let us know if the playlist appears the same across all devices that you use.

Keep us in the loop!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi Alex, 

Thanks again for the reply. 

Might be a stupid question, but how do I unfollow the daily drive playlist since it is no regular playlist but a generated playlist like the mixtapes? 

Greetings Martin

Highlighted

Regular

Bless you Martin.

Highlighted

I love this regular automated podcast playlist!! Please sort the issue to update the music along with the podcast, it’s so disappointing - I want to listen to it DAILY however the music is repeat 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

this is clearly a bug.  a minor non-urgent bug, but a bug nonetheless. asking users to do all this troubleshooting is ridiculous.  tell us that/if it’s been submitted to the product team and when they are going to prioritize it or the current eta.  

fxck figuring out how to clear caches, fxck logging out of everything, fxck reading old unrelated support articles from 2015.  just acknowledge it is a bug and let us know when it will be fixed. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

when you click the 💚 you are following.  when you unclick it, the opposite.  i think. 

SUGGESTED POSTS