How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Casual Listener

I believe the list does change if you are actively favoriting new songs each day, however, the rate of change is real slow.

My suggestion to the product/dev team is this:

1.) Have the Daily Drive list change aggressively each day.

2.) Allow us to dislike songs, i.e. ban them from playing again

-John

Highlighted

Re: How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Casual Listener
Thanks, but this doesn´t change anything regarding the content of the
playlist, so this seems not to be the suggested solution.
Highlighted

Regular
No this problem is NOT solved. How do we get it back on Spotify's radar?
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I agree, Spotify needs to put this on their to do list. This many people have this problem means it’s a bug on your end not a constant thing we need to do. I’ve tried clearing the cache, unfollowing, logging off, force closing with no success. I listened to the lion king song once, didn’t even favorite the song and now it’s on my daily drive for eternity. 

Highlighted

Regular

Another workaround for this bug was suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Daily-Drive-not-updating-at-all/m-p/5050313# 

I've not tried it myself as it is counter to my purpose of using Daily Drive.

Highlighted

Regular

I hope all following this post READ this! In an email with Support, spotify basically said developers won’t even start to entertain a suggested edit to the UI functionality until a Community post receives over 100 likes... so like away every single gripe on this thread! Tell your friends & family to do the same. Here is part of their response, — “Your idea is something that can help many people with the same issue. You can post it on our ideas forum. That way, other users can vote for your idea or leave their comments to support it.

Stay tuned for the status of the idea on the Spotify Community website. Once the idea receives 100 votes, our team evaluates it and passes it on to the appropriate Spotify team for implementation analysis. We've already implemented other user-suggested enhancements , such as Chromecast support, the Xbox app, and the return of Your Year in Music campaign.”

Highlighted

Casual Listener

So basically they said, if you want us to fix this blatant error on our side we need to see 100 people like this extremely unfriendly user voting system that maybe 10 percent of the Spotify community gets on? Customer support champs...

Highlighted

Regular

Unfortunately this doesn't work for Win10 App. I cleared the cache manually, but always the same songs appear.

Highlighted

Regular

I also have the same problem on every device.

Even when I clear the cache in the Win10 App or the iPhone it doesn't load new songs, it always plays the same (about 30-40 songs).

Now comes the best part: The same songs are played, even when I select the option "hide from Daily Drive" on the iPhone!

Under Windows this option is not available at all, but that doesn't matter, because it doesn't work anyway

Highlighted

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

We've summed up all troubleshooting steps gathered so far bellow. If your Daily Drive Playlist is still not updating, it's a good idea to give them all a go:

1. Perform a clean reinstall of the app. This removes any corrupted files that might be causing this behavior.
  2. Log out and back in two times in a row.
  3. Make sure that Private listening is deactivated.
  4. Actively listen to music outside the Made For You section. 
  5. Like and add to your personal playlists new content.

If you have more than one device, we recommend that you test the steps above on all of them and give the playlist 3-4 days time to update.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS