Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Solved!

How do I change the Daily Drive playlist? The news changes, but the songs haven't changed.

Premium, USA. Pixel 3XL, Oreo, Android Auto. 

The Daily Drive news changes, but the songs don't. Day in, day out, the SAME music. I'm getting tired of it. How do I refresh or change it?

Top Answer
Xenia

Hey all,

Thanks a lot for your feedback – we appreciate it! 

We always aim to improve, so we’ll make sure that we cover your concerns as we speak about these changes internally.

Our developers are already looking into ways to mix up the music within the Daily Drive playlist so it'll update with more variety, but just as a heads up, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for this. If we have any further info, we'll let you know.

Going forward, we'd like to refer you to the Idea Exchange in the Community for any further feedback you might have and suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

We hope you'll find this information useful and we’ll be here for you if there's anything else you'd like to ask.

112 Replies

Still not fixed. Damn.

Agree, some of the songs that are added are not of any interest to me and it'd be amazing to be able to dismiss those and tell the algorithm not to include that song in future playlists. As an added bonus, it'd be really nice to select songs to add to the feed.

onplanners

Not only for songs, but also for podcasts. And not only for one special episode, but also for the whole podcast. Last week i've got an podcast episode from a podcast i've never heard before with a topic, which is completely useless for me: About the use of alternatives to sanitary napkins. I am a man. I don't need it and I don't care. How in the heck does the Spotify algorithm get it from that? I don't listen to podcasts in Spotify at all, by the way.

Another thought - problem for me started when "thegetup" morning show started. One wonders if Spotify is neglecting Daily Drive to support the new program. Kinda sucks if so...

Same.

Thanks for this suggestion, unfortunately it's not working for either my desktop or Android app. The music that populates in my daily drive is from April of 2020 and has not updated since then regardless of the fact I've been clearing offline cache, not using Private Sessions, and uninstalling and reinstalling both the desktop and Android app. Major bummer to hear the same 28 songs on repeat every morning. I even tried listening to some random, obscure stuff for hours and hours and the playlists still don't update. Would love a fix to this issue and would particularly love for it to function properly on Desktop as I've been working from home on account of the pandi. 

Same.

This is really ridiculous. I have cleared the cache, removed the app, added the app back, unfollowed the play list, logged out and in, stopped listening to daily drive for two weeks all to no avail. Some of these songs are from an album I listened to a couple of times. Now I have had to hear the same dang songs for months. Get this fixed Spotify. It is so stupid. 

It is called daily drive.  Not everyday same stuff drive. 

Same, I'm not sure how the algorithm works but I'm starting to think it's tied to Playlist we create? I created a new playlist and have been listening to it regularly. These songs have begun to populate on the tail end of my daily drive. As a note, I've also unliked (removed the heart) from all of the songs that regularly populate and that hasn't seemed to make a difference but I'm trying all I can think to try. It's a bummer, I love spotify and this could be an excellent feature if it was tweeked on the back end. Maybe it could work more like the Artist Radio Playlists?

Not fixed. Sanctify by St Paul has been on my DD playlist for 5 days in a row now. I'm on the web player so I can't clear my cache (the suggested solution). If the news is updating and the songs aren't updating it seems like a bug to me.

I have >1600 songs in my Liked list -- yall have a lot of songs to pick from to put on my DD playlist. 

I've bored of listening to 2-4-6-8 Motorway every day. The songs don't change no matter what you do. grrrr

I discovered the daily drive playlist 4 days ago and thought what a great idea. However now I hate it as the podcasts change but the songs don't. Please fix Spotify.

I’ve found a clumsy workaround is to click “hide song” on the ones you don’t want repeated and eventually it’s forced to repopulate with new songs when there’s nothing left. 

I found a different workaround - a trial to a music service whose name refers to the effect of the moon's gravitational pull on ocean waters.  

This thread was started 1.5 years ago.  Spotify has had plenty of opportunity to fix this bug if they were so inclined.

I bought a new phone, installed spotify and voilà, the songs changed. So I recommend everyone to buy a new phone let's say weekly.

You may be right - I got a new phone 2 weeks ago, this morning tried Daily Drive - and voila! New songs - we'll see how long this lasts!!

This also works for desktop. Removing all traces of Spotify (including extensions and burried files.... search online fir “how to remove Spotify” from either Mac or Windows). Reinstall, then restart your PC. You must restart. It won’t be perfect until you also begin listening to more music bc the revised algorithm still recalls what your already heard, but the developers have improved it!

I tried hiding the songs and clearing the cache, but it didn't repopluate the song list.

I've been paying for a premium account since 2012, and I'm about ready to try a new service. To be clear: reinstalling the app isn't going to help. This is a much larger problem. I noticed it in late 2019, tried every method of troubleshooting, and finally contacted the support team. They suggested I log out and log back in, which I'd already explained didn't work.

It took a lot of back and forth, but eventually I was told (this is a quote) "We've noticed a slight hiccup with your offline cache, but we can refresh this on our end." A slight hiccup? My very own backend offline cache error? That's odd. It did solve the problem... for three days, and then it immediately returned.

Clearly this is a massive, cross-platform issue owing to a critical error in the real-time data processing pipeline. It's what engineers get paid a lot of money to prevent and/or fix. So why aren't they?

This has been bugging me for a while, interesting that it's been going on so long. 

Edit: clearing the cache did not work. Oh well.

Suggested posts