Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I do to remove downloaded music from my internal storage

How do I do to remove downloaded music from my internal storage

Hi,

I've been wondering how do I do to remove downloaded playlists. I mean, I know there is an option that allows to remove it, but I have noticed that the files are still somewhere on my phone tacking up space.

Please, how do I do to delete the files associated to a previously downloaded removed playlist?

My mobile phone is a Motorola Razr Maxx.

Thanks and Regards.

Miguel Fernández

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It is my understanding that after you unselect a playlist from being offline, it will remain in your Spotify cache for a period of time, just in case you unmarked it by accident, and then after a short while it will be removed. I am not sure how long this takes myself or if it even works as I am not an android user. 

You could try and clear all your Spotify files from your device (without uninstalling the app) follow these instructions (I am copy and pasting from the Troubleshooting Guide):

B. Troubleshooting
Please follow the below troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the issue on your own 

1. On your device open (System) Settings and start Application Manager
  2. Look for Spotify and tap it
  3. Press "Clear data"
  4. If it's not greyed out, also press "Clear cache"

After doing that, you will however need to redownload all of your offline synced playlists. I am not aware of a way you can just go in and delete one. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts