Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I ensure all my songs are updated to Extreme quality when connected to wifi?

Solved!

How do I ensure all my songs are updated to Extreme quality when connected to wifi?

I am using the latest Android Kitkat on my Nexus 5.

Here's my problem:
When I download songs to play offline on my phone, my music quality for streaming is "Normal quality" and my download is "Extreme quality".

When I listen to a song on Radio mode (when I'm out and using my mobile network) which I like and add to playlist(with offline mode enabled) it automatically marks the song as synced or available in offline mode as noted by the small green arrow on the left of the song under the Liked from radio playlist.

Since the song is marked as already synced in offline mode, it should be synced in Normal quality, however, I want all my songs in the offline playlist to be of Extreme quality. How do I ensure all the normal quality songs in that playlist are automatically replaced to Extreme to match the rest of the songs when I connect to a Wifi network?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Interesting 🙂

If the song is immediately marked as available offline that means that the normal quality song has been added from the cache. In this case, the only way to get to an extreme quality version would be to undownload it when you get back to your wifi then redownload it.

Does it do this even with "download over 2G/3G" option turned off? If so, it may be easier to just star the songs then add them to your offline playlist when you get home.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Interesting 🙂

If the song is immediately marked as available offline that means that the normal quality song has been added from the cache. In this case, the only way to get to an extreme quality version would be to undownload it when you get back to your wifi then redownload it.

Does it do this even with "download over 2G/3G" option turned off? If so, it may be easier to just star the songs then add them to your offline playlist when you get home.

Yes it does even with "download over 2g/3g" option turned off. How do I re-download a single song in extreme quality without re-downloading the entire playlist?

Long tap on it then undownload from the pop-up menu.

Suggested posts