Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find artists I'm following?

How do I find artists I'm following?

I want to play Spotify on my tablet at my office but the CONNECT feature keeps starting Spotify on my Android smartphone where it is also installed and shows it in "play".  It keeps interferring with my bluetooth and cell calls...  I ONLY want it to play on one or the other - not synchronize with each other.  This is annoying enough I'm thinking about just dropping the account altogether...

5 Replies

You just need to set connect to play on your tablet. You can do this from the spotify settings screen on your tablet under Spotify Connect or by tapping the small album picture in the now playing bar at the bottom and then the connect speaker icon on the right. Once you have set connect on your tablet to play on the tablet, it won't play on your phone until you change the settings.

Thank you. I had tried that and even after only playing offline songs on the tablet - my calls would still drop on my cell and Spotify would pop up. I disconnected wifi for about 1/2 hour and for the time being, the tablet is playing independently. Will check back after a few days use...

Were you getting this even with spotify completely closed on your phone (i.e. not running in the background)?

I don't know.  Whatever the case, I just left to go exercise (intentionally using Spotify on my phone), then came back to my tablet and it doesn't seem to be doing the same thing now. 

thanks again for your help.  I'll pay closer attention the rest of the week and see if I can figure out if it is permenantly solved or not..

No worries 🙂

Suggested posts