Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I make NO shuffle the default

How do I make NO shuffle the default

OK, I know I can turn off  shuffle by clicking the 2 arrows.   But the problem is I select an album and the only way to start playing it is to click "shuffle play" .  Then it drops you into the album and starts you off randomly.  Sure, you can click the arrows, but you are already in the song list somewhere. Why don't we just have a normal play button to play an album?  I went premium because I was sure that silly shuffle play button would go away.  This is moronic.

Am i missing something?

5 Replies

It sounds like you may not have full Premium functionality. Can you try checking your Account page?
Also, make sure you're using the right account details as it's easy to mix up Spotify Accounts and Facebook accounts

Another thing to try is to log out ands back in again on the device.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I seem to have the same problem (except that I can't see any way of turning off the shuffle function of the playlist, even when I'm in it). I'm definitely logged in with the right account and the account page shows my account as being Premium.

I've tried logging out and in again, but am too daft to even find where to log out in the Android app.

Help?

@cds123 wrote:

I seem to have the same problem (except that I can't see any way of turning off the shuffle function of the playlist, even when I'm in it). I'm definitely logged in with the right account and the account page shows my account as being Premium.

I've tried logging out and in again, but am too daft to even find where to log out in the Android app.

Help?

Open the 'Now Playing' screen of the spotify app and you will see if the shuffle button (2 interlinking arrows on the left-hand side of the player controls) is enabled (green).

If it is, tap it to disable

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks a lot, it worked.

Would still be good to know how to make 'no shuffle' the default, but this is a good workaround for now.

@cds123 no shuffle should be the default. When you start a playlist do you tap the first track in the list or are you pressing the big green shuffle button?

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts