How do you set storage to external SD on today's release?

Solved!

Re: How do you set storage to external SD on today's release?

eatonjb
Gig Goer

@suidaso wrote:

This workaround is better throught: Directorybind app

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410262

wow. that saves me some time.. init.d research started to scare me!

havetolovemusic
Regular

I just received this from Spotify.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are extremely sorry to hear this and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to tell you that the feature to save your music on the external SD card is missing from our latest Android app and we are aware of it already. We would also like to tell you that we are working hard in order to reinstate this feature to our Spotify app in our next update, pretty soon.

In the meanwhile, we would request you to to create some space on the internal memory by shifting your saved data (except Spotify) to the external SD card, so that you won't face any problems using Spotify.

We know that it is an inconvenience and we are really sorry for this once again and promise that we will come up with the solution soon.

During this time, we appreciate your patience.

Kind regards 

Love 

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge

jaydee
Casual Listener

took them over a month to admit this huh? it's shocking how such an important feature was left out... i wonder how much longer it'll be for this update to get released. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Well at least the seem to be working on it. 

R13
Casual Listener

Yes, I'd expect a fix in no less than 5 months. 

Solution!

cohenfs
Roadie

This (see below) works but just to clarify sure you specify the sdcard name as well as the subdirectories. For me, it was "/mnt/sdcard-ext/Android/data."

@michabessems wrote:

It's unbelievable, but it seems there is no option in the new application to do this. However, I managed to fix it.

1. uninstall the new application.

2. download the "old" application: http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk https://rapidshare.com/files/2999426550/SpotifyAndroid.apk

3. rename the file from .zip to .apk

4. install the application (make sure you have "install from unknow sources" enabled on your device

5a start the application, log off in case you get logged on automatically.

5b start the application, click on your phones menu button, press "reset spotify" en press ok.

6. still at the loginscreen, press the menu button again and select "select SD Location"

For a more detailled instruction on how to set the SD location, go to http://www.spotify.com/se/help/faq/mobile/android-how-do-i-store-offline-music-on-the-external-sd-ca...

7. Verify if your offline files are downloaded to the correct location using a file browser

8. go to Google Play en upgrade your Spotify installation.

Enjoy!

JosiahBradley
Casual Listener

Is this some sort of joke? After charging me for a month of subscription I cant even use the application????? I'm not downloading some third party app from an external site and hacking my way around jsut to save music files. Good bye spotify subscription.

Highlighted

altair8800

Can we expect any official solution from the developers?

Blisterphish

This worked for me (Samsung Galaxy SII).  Thanks much for posting the old app, which by the way is sooooo much nicer than the new one.  The new one is as close to useless as you get.  Really a pain to use on a mobile.

Solution!

Shadowl0rd
Regular
SUGGESTED POSTS