Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How long does it take to remove storage data off phone after turning off "available offline".

How long does it take to remove storage data off phone after turning off "available offline".

Surprised that it does not do this right away. I am always near the storage limit of my phone and like to rotate the offline albums, and so I find it very frustrating that the data is not immediately removed after turning off "available offline".

1. How long does it take for the data to be removed?

2. Is there a way to force the data to be removed, for a specific album?

3. Why is there a delay??
7 Replies

Annoying isn't it? At the moment the way it works is that the cache will continue to build until the storage had only 10% free space. The only way to clear it manually is to clear the entire cache which means redownloading what you still want. The developers are aware that this is an issue, hopefully they'll do something about this in the future

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Wow, thanks, yes that is definitely an issue and will make me look into other apps. Seems like it should be an easy fix too.

If you clear the cache does it get rid of your saved albums, or does it just remove the downloads but keep the saved list?

It clears anything you have saved for offline listening. Whilst your albums will still show in your library as saved, if you want local cache of the album you'll have to saved it again.

Android Troubleshooting:

OK thanks. Looking into Rhapsody and Google Music.

If they did that intentionally thinking it wouldn't matter, not very wise since it takes more than 10% of free phone storage space for apps to update, in addition to the obvious problem of not being able to switch out music.

Let me see if I can get an update on where they are with looking into this.

Android Troubleshooting:

Any update on this?

Suggested posts