Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Samsung Galaxy A03 Core

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

How to add a specific folder for local files?

When I allow show audio files at this device (Mostrar archivos de audio de este dispositivo) at local files show audios received and sent via Whatsapp. I only want list files at my Music folder of my SD card

4 Replies

Hi @leo3487!

If I understand you correctly, you'd like to be able to select a source folder for your local files, so that only the files located on your SD card would show up under Local Files in the app (i.e. all other music files, like the one's from WhatsApp would be excluded). While this isn't currently possible, there's an idea about implementing this feature here, so feel free to check it out and add your +VOTE to show your support.

As a workaround, you can also add all tracks that are located on your SD card in a separate playlist and pin it (by swiping the playlist to the right) so that it shows up at the top of Your Library.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How do you add the files into a playlist? The audio files i want to play through spotify dont even show up, yet i cant open them through any other app. Its really annoying. If i unistall spotify they play through the files app fine, but when spotify is installed i cant play them at all. Im really frsutarated.

Hey @Madtoes,

You can add local files to your playlist by going to Your Library > Local files. Select the 3 dots and click add to playlist 🙂
Note that you need to enable the 'Local Files' Spotify setting for this to work.

You can also alter the default app for music playback by going to Settings -> Apps, selecting the alternative app and clicking "Set Default" in case you'd like to play your local files via a different app instead.

In case you encounter any issues along the way, do let us know and we'll take a further look!
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yep kids thats what happens if a company becomes a monopoly... Basic features get removed and devs become **bleep**ed.

Suggested posts