Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to Play Spotify Music on the Amazon Echo?

How to Play Spotify Music on the Amazon Echo?

Amazon Echo uses Amazon’s Prime Music as the default service for any music you want to play. But you can also connect your Spotify account to the Amazon Echo and tell Alexa to play anything through the third-party service.

Anyone use Spotify Music on Amazon Echo!

3 Replies

Yes, I just connected Spotify Premium to Amazon Echo in Canada and Alexa cannot find anything I ask for = super annoying. Probably Amazon blocking the commands to force you buy to Amazon Music. Well guess what, I am not going to pay Spotify for a 'premium' account to link to Alexa when it DOES NOT EVEN WORK properly!

I’m assuming your Amazon Echo has it’s settings so that the automatic music that plays is through Amazon Music, which is it’s default. However, you can change it through the Amazon Alexa app. If you do not already, download the Amazon Alexa app (which is what it should be called), and open it. I’m not sure what you have to do to set it up, but once you go through the process of setting it up, click the little menu bar in the top left with the three lines. Then click settings and the second category should be called Alexa Preferences. The first choice is Music & Media. Click on that. There should be a big blue button that says Choose Default Music Services and then you should be able to switch from Amazon Music to Spotify. This should make it so that any time you ask Alexa to play music, it will play off of spotify. 

Thanks, yes I am aware of the default music setting and I did switch it to Spotify. But Alexa-Spotify commands that 'should' work, just don't, or don't anymore: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Amazon-Echo-can-t-find-songs-of-a-gen...

Suggested posts