Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to download Spotfiy app on new Huawei smartphone?

How to download Spotfiy app on new Huawei smartphone?

Hello,

How can I download Spotify app on Huawei P40? It's one of the new models which don't use Google services, so instead of Google Play there's an AppGallery.

Deezer and Tidal are available, but I can't find Spotify.

Are you planning to release it soon or is there a workaround I could use?

Thank you!

Top Answer
Alex
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

As Huawei does not offer direct support for Google Play app like Spotify there is no way to install and run the app natively. 

@Kanghyewon has found a workaround which seems to work and enable the app to run on Huawei phones. Check out their comment here.

Hope this helps.

Top Answer
Kanghyewon

I used petal search which works you should deffinetly try that however I cant set it as default so my huawei widgets wont work with it and celia wont set it as default but atleast I can use Spotify.

24 Replies

Hey there @selenium

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

If you can't find the Spotify app available for download in Huawei's AppGallery you can easily get it from Spotify's official website.

Check out this page for available Spotify versions depending on the device you use. Once you locate the necessary version you can download it for free.   

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

Thank you for the proposed solution! I'll try it.

Are planning to add Spotify to AppGallery soon since it'd be more convenient for the customers?

hey, I tried the amazon option, but it says my device is not compatible. its running android 10 on arm. with no google services. 

Hey there @kjellhei,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'd suggest you restart your phone. That way any changes can sync up. Then you can try again downloading the app.

It's also a good idea to check if the Amazon store app is up-to-date.

Keep us posted. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Store is the latest version. Restart did nothing. Store say Spotify is not compatible. Other apps install normally and manually in the store.

Hey @kjellhei,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? On which device does the issue occur? We'll investigate this further.

If possible, can you try downloading the app on another Amazon device? That way we can see if it's a device-related issue. 

Keep us in the loop. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

no error message on device.
https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_matepad_t8-10231.php

this one with lte/4g

amazon spotify.JPG

Hey @kjellhei,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the additional info.

Appologies for the confusion, but the Spotify app is currently not available for the AppGallery. @selenium went ahead and posted an idea about it here. You can +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll keep you updated on any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

In the meantime, a possible workarround for you could be to use our web player. You can find out more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

I'm not using the appgallery. I installed the amazon appstore.

Screenshot_20201020_122252_com.amazon.venezia.jpg

Hey @kjellhei,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Can you check if a VPN is activated? If it is, we'd suggest you turn it off because it might affect some functions. Then you can try again downloading the app.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator

no vpn, also tried with a vpn in USA and Nederlands. can I have a apk and try a sideload?

Hey @kjellhei,

Thanks for your reply.

Keep in mind that Spotify doesn't officially support VPN. You should be able to download the App from the Amazon Appstore for Android here. If any issue come up, give it a go also with an incognito browser.

If the message that the download is not device compatible pops-up again, it would be a good idea to contact Amazons Customer Service. They'll happily help you get the file you need. You can reach them on this page.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

I did NOT use a VPN, but I tryed one..... why would the internet browser be the issue?! when i search for spotify in the appstore-app, nothing from spotify comes up. the browser just confirmed that its an error somewhere. I have tried everything to get the app. clearing cache and data from appstore-app and reinstall, and every thing else in this tread. I rather that you guys provide a apk. so I don't download it from a untrusted source. sideloading apps is easy on android. why is that not an option? 

Hey @kjellhei,

Thanks for your reply.

There are regional differences in availability of the app. We wanted to point out that if you're using VPN, that might cause complications like the one you are experiencing and not being able to download the app.

The links we posted bring up the official Amazon website, you shouldn't have any difficulties reaching out to their support or downloading the app from there. If you continue having trouble downloading the app from the Amazon Appstore, it's a good idea to contact the Amazon Customer Support as they are responsible for its operation and can provide you with further troubleshooting steps.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

amazon cant help me, as it is a 3. party app.

I found a "store" that can install spotify on the huawei with no google services. aurora store, safe install of aurora-store can be found on f-droid. hope this helps someone. 

I have the same problem as kjellhei. Aurora Store did not help - it wanted me to provide credentials for my Google account, and then claimed they are wrong.

For anyone with the same issue, please vote for solving this problem here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Other-Add-Spotify-to-Huawei-s-AppGallery/idi-p/4....

Btw, kjellhei, really thanks for going all this way against Spotify support so I don't need to do that 🙂
Did you contact Amazon though?

I used petal search which works you should deffinetly try that however I cant set it as default so my huawei widgets wont work with it and celia wont set it as default but atleast I can use Spotify.

you must choose the anonymous option in the aurora store. you don't need to login with your own account.

Suggested posts