Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to identify offline content

How to identify offline content

Hello, 

As you can see from my screenshot I've put my phone into offline mode and selected an album that is not set to be available offline nor does it have any tracks with the green icon. Yet it will still play the track, I've tried doing this when I'm disconnected from Wifi and mobile data.

I would like to be able to just play downloaded music whilst I'm not on Wifi. I have to disable mobile data to ensure I'm not streaming. How am I able to play music that hasn't been downloaded. Or how can I tell which music I have downloaded?

Thanks

Screenshot_20160224-114421.png
3 Replies

I have encountered this.

Some music that was downloaded to one device (only).

But was available offline (thus obviously had been downloaded) on another device, even though it was not switched or showing to be available offline (i.e. exactly the same as your screenshot).

It has now resolved itself. Either  a bug fixed during an app update, or (more likely) during an app reinstall which also meant redownload of everything.

Did you download this music to another device?

Spotify is loaded onto a few devices but I only use it on the one device.

Does that mean any music not on all will never show as being available offline. Do I have to keep a mental list of everything I've downloaded vs just streamed? So I don't mistakenly get charged for 4G.

I'm currently on Version 4.7.0.878

Anything saved in Your Music will show on all devices linked to the account.

But it should only be available offline on the individual devices where the Available Offline switched is flipped to the right (showing green, and individual tracks marked with green down arrow to show that they have downloaded to the device memory).

But as we have both experienced, there can be an occasional glitch when music IS on the device, even when showing that it is not.

I only experienced this once. I have some 2500 tracks in my music and a complex and 'mix' of what is actually downloaded to each of my 3 devices ( i.e quite different). And I would not say that this is common (thus I call it an occasional glitch).

One last thought : the items in your screenshot seem to be an album?

Have you saved the tracks to a playlist (that is genuinely downloaded) and thus you hear the music offline (because they are saved to playlist, but you are viewing via (non-downloaded) album?

Suggested posts