Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to locate the currently playing song in a very long custom playlist?

How to locate the currently playing song in a very long custom playlist?

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

I got a custom playlist that is very long, and in on the "enhanced" mode. I've been used to maintaining the list by selecting the songs dynamically. Sometimes I found I'm listening to a song that is not favorable, and I'd like to remove it from the list. It's the time when I found I'm facing a disaster trying to locate the currently playing song. I tried to tap on the album picture, the name of the song, the art, none of them would lead me to the location to the list where this song is locating on. Would anyone please kindly give me some tips on how should I do to locate it in the long list? So I could remove it from my list. Thanks for any help.

11 Replies

Hi @WhatThisNewSht,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for reaching out!

On the mobile app, if you want to locate the song that is currently playing, you can do it by opening the Now Playing screen. Then, tap on the name of the playlist on the top of the screen.

It should direct you to the spot where the current song is located.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply.

The action you mentioned works only in the currently existing playlists. For the custom playlist made by myself, it won't work. You could try it for yourself to test it.

Hi @WhatThisNewSht,

Thanks for clarifying this!

I tried it, like you suggested, and found out that by tapping on the name of the playlist, the app directs the user to the location of the current playing track only if the playlist the track is from isn't created by them. When listening to a playlist that's created by the user, tapping the name in the upper corner of the screen would direct them to the top of the playlist instead, and not the location of the currently playing track.

However, here's an idea about changing this behavior, so feel free to check it out and share your feedback. Make sure to also Subscribe to the thread so you won't miss any updates on the matter.

Update: It seems that the app directs the user to the top of the playlist only when the Enhance feature is enabled. When disabled, it works normally, the way @MafeG described.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Okay, I've subscribed to that post. Hope we'll get some good news in the near future. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the update. Since the "enhanced" mode is my daily mode, let's hope the development team will solve this problem as soon as possible.

Same here, really love the enhanced mode and hope they can fix it soon.

Following. This really hinders the Enhanced feature. 

Found this thread and had this issue. But now I also find a solution, one can simply press the cover on the now playing song on PC and it will head you to the place in the long playlist where the song is. 🙂

OK thanks. So you double click on the cover of the currently playing song? Any idea how to do it on the iOS or Android app?

Hey @whartonone!

On Android, you can tap the playlist's name in the Now Playing view, which should take you to the song's current position in the playlist. On iOS, doing this will just open the playlist instead, without taking you to the song. I don't think there is another way to achieve this at the moment.

npv.png

If you have an idea on how to improve this behavior feel free to submit it on our Idea Exchange board. Others can then give it a thumbs up to show their support and share their feedback! More info on how ideas work here.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

It would be good if there was an option to keep the playing song focused in the playlist, so when the next song is played Spotify would move the playlist to that exact position. This would be a very useful feature when playing in random mode.

Suggested posts