Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to permanently turn off last.fm

Solved!

How to permanently turn off last.fm

I do not want to scrobble to Last.FM from my Spotify Android app anymore (since I'm using an external app that manages the playbacks from other music players, too). But when I turn off scrobbling in the settings, it always comes back on whenever Internet connection is restored (be it via turning off offline mode or via discovering Wi-Fi). I was at least able to make it stop scrobbling by entering false last.fm credentials, but now I'm being annoyed by a "wrong password" notification all the time. How do I permanently turn off or remove my last.fm connection from the Android app? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall? If so, will this force me to re-download all my offline music?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I reinstalled the app. Had to re-choose songs for offline availability and redownload them afterwards. But last.fm was reset to "off" and now I'll keep my hands off that setting. Wouldn't call the bug "solved" but that seems to be the only way to turn scrobbling off permanently.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I have the same problem. Could you solve it?
Marked as solution

I reinstalled the app. Had to re-choose songs for offline availability and redownload them afterwards. But last.fm was reset to "off" and now I'll keep my hands off that setting. Wouldn't call the bug "solved" but that seems to be the only way to turn scrobbling off permanently.

Suggested posts