Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to stop Spotify from downloading all music?

How to stop Spotify from downloading all music?

Ok I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and got Spotify Premium to download one playlist to listen to in my car. My problem is it is making me download all of my music instead of this one playlist. Can anyone tell me how to just download one playlist???

3 Replies

Have you tried initiating the download from your android by selecting the playlist and hitting the download button?

I am having a similar problem with my HTC One M8.   I went through my Artists tab and designated a few hundred songs for Spotify to save to Songs tab.   The push notification is now telling me that it's downloading 11,000 songs!!   I have found no way, other than the download indicator under the Songs tab, to tell which songs are being downloaded.   How can I tell which are being downloaded?   I went tthrough the playlist, artist and albums tabs from the top level list, and it does not look like anything is set for downloading.   

@BuzzLS wrote:

I am having a similar problem with my HTC One M8.   I went through my Artists tab and designated a few hundred songs for Spotify to save to Songs tab.   The push notification is now telling me that it's downloading 11,000 songs!!   I have found no way, other than the download indicator under the Songs tab, to tell which songs are being downloaded.   How can I tell which are being downloaded?   I went tthrough the playlist, artist and albums tabs from the top level list, and it does not look like anything is set for downloading.   

Best bet is to clear cache & log out of the app. Re-log back in and start afresh. It's quite easy to tap the offline button without realising.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts