Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to stop from automatically downloading saved albums?

Solved!

How to stop from automatically downloading saved albums?

Recently all my downloaded files were deleted, so to redownload my music again I used the solution to go to Song in my library and press Download. 

Now whenever I save a new album, the songs are automatically downloaded. This is not something I want, since it will result in too many downloads and then the whole problem of all downloads being deleted is back again. 

So my question is, how do I stop spotify from automatically downloading all albums that I save? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Enabling download from the songs view in your library means that every time a song is added to your library, it will be automatically downloaded. Saving an album, adds all the songs in the album to your library and they will be downloaded automatically.

To stop this happening, you need to go to "songs" and turn off the download switch. Note that this will "undownload" all your songs and you will need to go to the albums and playlists you want to have available offline and turn on the "download" switch for each one.

Hopefully, as all the songs have already been downloaded, it will only take a moment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Enabling download from the songs view in your library means that every time a song is added to your library, it will be automatically downloaded. Saving an album, adds all the songs in the album to your library and they will be downloaded automatically.

To stop this happening, you need to go to "songs" and turn off the download switch. Note that this will "undownload" all your songs and you will need to go to the albums and playlists you want to have available offline and turn on the "download" switch for each one.

Hopefully, as all the songs have already been downloaded, it will only take a moment.

Thanks. I was already dreading that that was the solution, because redownloading 3 gb of albums will take a long time (the time it takea to manually press download I mean by that).

Yes, this is true for albums with updated list of song(s) but it still redownload even if it does not have an updates. This is annoying and frustrative becuase it uses WIFI allocation.

So what is the reason behind for this case - redownload even without update(s)?

Please don't say to me that songs save on SD card is always redownload - this**bleep**, I saw this on another community forum. I'm using S10+ with 128GB and only 50+% of my storage is used.

They're doing this to remove the bandwidth on their end, even though you paid thim the money that they asked for. They're trying to give you as little as possible, so much so that theyre willing to download onto your phone regardless if you want it. I sadly cannot find the button. I think they attached it to the songs individually so you have to go through each, one at a time.

Suggested posts