Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to stop podcasts from rewinding a couple minutes when un-paused?

How to stop podcasts from rewinding a couple minutes when un-paused?

Spotify premium

USA

Samsung galaxy s7

Sometimes when I pause spotify, and then resume playback, it skips back 1-2 minutes. It happens mostly with podcasts, but also with music. It's not every single time, but it does occur frequently. 

It's very irritating because then I have to skip forward with the 15 seconds button, to find my spot again. As a further issue, I can tap the 15 sec button eight times and it will only fast forward once or twice. 

I pause and resume playback dozens of times per day. I just want it to keep my spot without rewinding itself. If I need to skip back, I'll do it manually. Is there any way to turn this off?

3 Replies

I saw on another post that the solution to a similar problem was to completely uninstall Spotify and then reinstall it. I did that, and so far no rewinds have happened, though it hasn’t been that long since I did that. Hope this helps!

I’m on an iPhone 12 & I’ve been getting this with long podcasts like with Joe rogan etc.

Often I get a sense of deja vu when I resume the podcasts because it often rewinds back to a time when i paused at an earlier time. 
it seems like the time bookmarks don’t get updated properly. 

Hey @f9_2-kuoh33o5,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

In this case, you can start off with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device to see if this makes a difference. You can see the steps to do it here

Also, can you let us know the exact Operating System version of your device along with the Spotify version you use? Make sure your device and the app are up to date.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions. 

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts