How to store offline music on the external SD card

Solved!

Re: How to store offline music on the external SD card

joakimso

Thank you very much for the workaround, I just got my Galaxy Note 2, and this seems to be working. 

To find the correct location of my sd card I just went into Astro File Manager and clicked on the "Local Storage 2", then it displays (almost) the path in the top row, in my case /storage/extSdCard.

Midgeslayer

Thanks +++.  This did not work for me until I realised that I needed to put a forward slash at the end of the external SD card's path i.e. I was putting /mnt/external1 as the path.  What worked in the end was /mnt/external1/  Thanks again to all.  I have a  shiny new Motorola Razr i which only has 5gb of internal storage memory available to the user (the phone is great in all other respects as I don't like surfboard sized phones). This work around was a god send.

Prisoner
Casual Listener

Would just like to say thanks for the work around. It worked perfectly for me apart from the fact that I had to get an old version on another site as the one posted on the link here no longer exists.  Brilliant stuff.  I too would have stopped my premium subscription had I not been able to store files on my own phone where I want.  May still do if they don't listen to their subscribers and fix it.

acallaghan
Regular

I am mesmerised that I cannot use my micro SD to store tracks for Offline play. I will cancel subscription if this is not fixed ASAP. It has taken me weeks of frustration to work out this is why my playlists keep dissapearing.

It's just not acceptable and makes no sense. And how do I actually make a formal complaint about this to be solved anyone?

Solution!

Liam
Community Legend

@acallaghan wrote:

I am mesmerised that I cannot use my micro SD to store tracks for Offline play. I will cancel subscription if this is not fixed ASAP. It has taken me weeks of frustration to work out this is why my playlists keep dissapearing.

It's just not acceptable and makes no sense. And how do I actually make a formal complaint about this to be solved anyone?

You can contact Spotify using the Support Form.

Be aware that this issue has been in place since the creation of the new look app.

jauaca
Regular

I am done with it. Leaving spotify. It's a pity they keep ignoring android premium users as they do!! If you do the trick installing the old app before the new one to be able to donwload music to the sd, then you have to be careful and not update the app automatically because if you do,  everythnig gets messed up. Come on, what is the problem with puting this option back in the new app????

GregofCanada
Casual Listener

I tried using your method using one of my older versions of Spotify (since your link is unavailable) for my Note 2. The problem is that after I changed the path and then logged in, Spotify crashes. I can't figure out what to do. Any advice?

GregofCanada
Casual Listener

Nevermind, I managed to get it working. Right before it crashed, I selected a playlist to download. After it crashed, I updated the app through the play store and the playlist kept downloading on the SD Card. Thank you for the tutorial. Now I need to buy a larger SD card. LOL.

user-removed
Not applicable

Doesn't work on my GN2 :/

Dir: /storage/extSdCard/

But files but the files remain on sdcard. :(

Josef
Regular

Spotify just pushed an update to my phone today, and I'm testing to see where it downloads files to. So far, it seems to be filling my SD card instead of the internal storage, so, fingers crossed, I think they may have fixed it! 

SUGGESTED POSTS