How to use Spotify Connect?

Solved!

Re: How to use Spotify Connect?

Peter__
Community Legend

Its got to be said, I have a Pioneer speaker which is Connect enabled, and it is excellent - sound quality is much better than with Airplay since as mentioned above it streams from Spotify on its own. 

Its actually really handy, you can start playback on your iOS or android device, transfer playback to the speaker, control it from any of your devices and you can kill the Spotify application to save battery when you aren't using it and the speaker will continue to play on its own. 

Well worth the wait on firmware updates!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Re: How to use Spotify Connect?

poisike
Roadie

@Peter wrote:

Its got to be said, I have a Pioneer speaker which is Connect enabled, and it is excellent - sound quality is much better than with Airplay since as mentioned above it streams from Spotify on its own. 

Its actually really handy, you can start playback on your iOS or android device, transfer playback to the speaker, control it from any of your devices and you can kill the Spotify application to save battery when you aren't using it and the speaker will continue to play on its own. 

Well worth the wait on firmware updates!

Yes, I know that in theory it should be better then Airplay and Connect works great on my Android and IOS devices. The problem (for me) is that the companies are not keeping their promises and I can't use what I paid for. Yamaha has Spotify Connect banner on their European website first page (and on all product pages), yet none of their devices actually supports it at the moment. When I bought my new Spotify Connect capable AVR, I was told the firmware update will be released mid November. When I asked yamaha support about it again beginning of December, they told me that they don't know when it will be released. And now they told first week of January. I guess we will see soon, but the waiting is starting to get a little frustrating... I should have known that you can't buy any tech based on a promise that some feature will be available "soon".

SUGGESTED POSTS