Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hudl 2 - latest Spotify version won't open

Hudl 2 - latest Spotify version won't open

About a month ago the Spotify app on my Hudl 2 Android tablet stopped working. I've tried updated to the latest version on the Google Play Store but that did not resolve the situation. What happens is when the app opens it gets stuck loading. The google smart login pop-up flashes up and then all you get is an empty grey menu bar on the top of the screen and then eventually an Android dialog stating the app is stuck and do you want to wait or close.

Spotify is baked into the OS on the Hudl 2 (alongside a few other apps) meaning I cannot fully uninstall the app. I can however uninstall all updates, which reverts the app back to version 2.3.0.828. What is then strange is that the app will then load, allow me to log in and I can stream music with no problems.

Leaving it as an old version is not viable though as I cannot download music on it, which is precisely what I need to do so I can use it offline at work. 

I've tried all the other recommendations on here, such as soft resets, unmounting my SD card, formatting the SD card. I even did a full hard factory reset of my device. 

My feeling is that something in your latest version of Spotify does some kind of online connectivity on start-up and it's causing the app to crash on this device.

The version of Android the tablet is running is 5.1. I don't think that is the issue, I've an older phone I use Spotify on in the gym, which is only a much older version of Android and it works fine.

Please help or fix your app!

3 Replies

No response to this?

Same issue for me. Hudl 2. Latest version won't load. Stops a black screen with grey banner at the top. Restoring to the original factory installed version works, but this is a very old version.

You fixed this problem in version 8.5.15.885

I've also just updatd to version 8.5.16.781

PLEASE DON'T BREAK IT AGAIN!!!

Suggested posts