Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

18 Replies

Hello @LedZoSo1!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries, I'm here to help.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next! Have a nice day, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry but I still have the problem. I have the latest versione of Spotify (8.4.67) and I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9 with the Android version 8.0.0

Hmm, that's an odd error. Do you have the latest versions of Instagram/Facebook?
Jose_MSpotify Star

Yes, I have the latest versions available in my country

Could you try this process in another device? Let me know if that works.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hello

I have the same issue, i'm on a Samsung S7 with Android 8.0

I can't share at all, when i touch the option the app crashes and start over

I tried with a galaxy tab but I still have the same problem

Hello @LedZoSo1, @Steban3!

Spotify is constantly testing new features in order to improve the users experience. That's why you might not have a feature that one of your friend does. Hopefully, they will completely implement this feature soon so everyone can use it.

You can learn more about this here.

Hope this helps, have a nice day. Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

First of all, this is not a new feature, it's a feature that Spotify always had.

I'm not talking only about sharing stories in instagram, the SHARE function doesn't work for me at all, it makes the app crashes!

Please help and give us a real solution

I'm uploading a video later with the problem so you can see it
Thanks

Oh! Ok sorry, I found some more info on this. Other users also noticed problem with share and links. I told other Stars and Melody (Community Manager of Spotify) confirmed it's an ongoing issue and they're working on it so it can be solved as soon as possible.

Hope this helps and thanks for reaching out, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Any updates?  I see several other posts on the same topic have cropped up today.  I have a friend driving cross country and I promised to keep him alert by sending good music, and I can't.  App just crashed.  Moto E3 Supra with 8.0 and brand new today, so everything is updated with newest versions.  On/off, clear data and reinstall, all getting me nowhere...

Hello @cautumnrayne!

There aren't any news about this issue yet. They're still looking into this. Hopefully they'll solve it soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi, I have had the same issue. Currently using the most updated version of the app on my Samsung Galaxy S7. I have tried restarting my phone, deleting my cache, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app to my phone. When I try to click the "Share" option, it just brings me back to the home page. Why is this happening and can we get an ETA when this should be resolved???? 

No worries, Spotify is looking into this and they will solve it as soon as possible. Thanks for reaching out 🙂

Have a nice day, Jose.
Jose_MSpotify Star

Finally fixed with last update! Thanks to all the spotify guys thaw worked hard to fix this problem 🙂

I'm glad to hear it's working properly now! Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Happy listening, Jose 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi

I'm having a similar issue with the sharing of music on Instagram (iPhone user). Whenever I attempt to share anything to my story, it continues to suggest for me to relog into Instagram when am I already logged in...

I have redownloaded both apps (insta & spotify) and this issue doesnt seem to go away

Hello, I was glad to hear as of August that we could share our tracks via Facebook stories and the track preview would appear and play. When I follow the instructs in the blog https://artists.spotify.com/blog/share-your-songs-on-facebook-stories-now-with-music  - I only see an inactive link in the story. Has FB disabled this very useful feature?

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 5.59.18 PM.png

Suggested posts